Migrating M365 from me to Microsoft direct

alexsmith2709

Reaction score
My business is closing soon and I need to move some clients who purchased M365 through me as a CSP to direct with Microsoft. Is it as simple as them buying new licenses rom the admin panel and ending the ones with me, then I remove the relationship?
I've been looking through the licenses available to purchase through the admin panel and I cant see the Teams Phone licenses they currently get through me. They have M365 Business Premium and a number of "‎Microsoft Teams Phone with Calling Plan‎ - ‎Teams Phone with domestic calling (country zone 1 - UK/Canada)‎", this is the one I cannot see. I assume it is possible to buy this, or some equivalently named license direct from Microsoft? I only see Teams Standalone licenses. EDIT: Found it as an add-on under Business Premium.
I want to make the transition as seamless as possible.
I currently buy the licenses through TD Synnex and I bill the customer each month. They have the annual plan which comes to an end in March (so good timing really).

I've seen conflicting things with some saying you need to fully migrate the mailboxes etc, but I cant believe this to be the case, and i really hope not!

Thanks

Last edited:
I'd try to find a partner, an MSP to take over that. The MSP can do a partner transfer record request to that account, then you click on it and it transfers, licensing and payments need to be transitioned to the new MSP.

If your clients want to work with me and my partner, let me know. All my clients pay the bill themselves, and they call the vendor for support. I only help with work outside of what my vendor does.

I'd try to find a partner, an MSP to take over that. The MSP can do a partner transfer record request to that account, then you click on it and it transfers, licensing and payments need to be transitioned to the new MSP.

If your clients want to work with me and my partner, let me know. All my clients pay the bill themselves, and they call the vendor for support. I only help with work outside of what my vendor does.
Im in the UK so not sure that would work, but thanks. I dont know any MSP's in the area to recommend but i can try and find one if its more difficult to transfer direct to MS. This client is hardly any trouble and have been great to work with but my new job doesnt allow me to continue my business so i have limited time to sort this out.

Back