Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program HELP

Draax

Reaction score
Hello, I am dying for help here. 2013 i tried over 15 times to complete the test but I am struggling with the 53 pages of advanced English. (English isn't my native language)
Im sure its only 1 or at most 2 questions im answering wrong but i cant find the correct answer!
Any help would be appreciated!
(-X- for correct answer)

If a refurbished PC has a Windows Operating System COA attached, can the operating system be reinstalled and legally supplied to a new end
user?

-X-1) Yes, in all cases
2) Yes but only if the PC also has it's original OEM recovery media or hard-disk based image and that original media/image is used for the
installation and is provided to the new end user
3) No, not unless the refurbisher purchases a new commercial license pack with software and COAs included
4) Never

Can a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher advertise to sell the Microsoft licenses in this program separately from the refurbished PCs?

1) Yes as long as the software is not commercial software
-X-2) No, the hardware must be sold with the software preinstalled
3) Yes software and hardware are 2 different products and can be sold separately

What is a ‘Refurbished’ PC? As defined by Microsoft, a refurbished PC is a used PC that has gone through the following processes that leave the
PC ready for use by a new owner:

1) Data wiping to remove all data and software that was previously installed on the PC
2) Testing to ensure that the PC works and is safe to use
3) Minor repair and/or replacement of defective PC components
-X-4) All of the above

How does a refurbisher renew their Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program agreement?

1) They have to contact the regional service centre to request a renewal
-X-2) Microsoft Registered Refurbishers are informed in the quarterly update when renewals are commencing and they have to renew on-line
through the RRP Portal
3) Microsoft Registered Refurbishers can renew by re-applying to become a member of the program

If a PC is to be refurbished and preinstalled through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program, what repairs are allowed during the
refurbishment process?

1) Cleaning and touch up
2) Repair and replacement of parts
3) Upgrades to components such as hard disk drives and RAM.
4) Upgrade of the motherboard
5) All of the above
-X-6) 1), 2) and 3) only

How many sets of installation media does a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher receive for citizenship licenses?

1) A Microsoft Registered Refurbisher has to order media sets from the Regional Service centre
2) The media has to be downloaded from the RRP Tool
-X-3) One set of media is sent with the initial Citizenship COA order as this media is not to be distributed to end users
4) There is no media available for citizenship licenses

How long is the term of the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher agreement?

1) The agreement lasts as long as the refurbisher is a member of the program
2) The agreement is perpetual (has no expiry date)
-X-3) The agreement is updated annually and lasts until 30th September each year
4) The agreement lasts for a year

What type of licenses can Specially Approved Recipients receive?

1) They can receive only citizenship licenses
-X-2) They can receive both commercial and citizenship licenses but given the lower price for citizenship licenses, these are the most likely
to be supplied
3) They can only receive commercial licenses

The Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program includes Windows citizenship licenses for specific types of customers. What types of customers are
eligible for these licenses?

1) Non-profit charitable organisations
-X-2) Academic users such as schools, administrative offices of educational institutions and museums
3) Technology Access Programs (TAP)
4) All of the above

Where does a refurbisher put the Windows Operating systems COA once they have preinstalled the software on the refurbished PC?

1) A COA must be attached to each PC for each product that is pre-installed and visible on the outside of the PC, beside the pre-existing
COA
2) If a pre-existing COAs is already on the PC, a further COA does not need to be fixed to the outside of the PC
-X-3) A COA must be placed over the pre-existing COA already on the outside of the PC

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Q 1. Correct answer is actually 2.

2nd last question - the answer is 1) Non-profit.....
Last question - the answer is 1) A COA must be attached........

Last edited:
Of course they changed the question for the second test, tho i did remember them from last year so i could complete the test.
Hopefully they will accept it within 14 days!

Thank you so much this helped me a lot!!!

I can see how the test would be confusing for non-native English speakers. Really, I read over the requirements once and was able to pass the test straight away, and have been able to stay qualified with minimal effort.

need your help guys

I failed 8 times with renew my licence , any one know what answers is wrong .

If a refurbished PC has a Windows Operating System COA attached, can the operating system be reinstalled and legally supplied to a new end user?
X 1) Yes, in all cases
O 2) Yes but only if the PC also has it's original OEM recovery media or hard-disk based image and that original media/image is used for the installation and is provided to the new end user O 3) No, not unless the refurbisher purchases a new commercial license pack with software and COAs included
O 4) Never
Can a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher advertise to sell the Microsoft licenses in this program separately from the refurbished PCs?
O 1) Yes as long as the software is not commercial software
X 2) No, the hardware must be sold with the software preinstalled
O 3) Yes software and hardware are 2 different products and can be sold separately
How old must a PC be for it to be eligible for refurbishment and preinstallation of a license through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program?
O 1) 1 year old used PC
X 2) At least 6 months old used PC
O 3) The age of the PC doesn't matter, so long as the PC has been owned and used by someone else
Who is responsible for ensuring that a refurbished PC is properly licensed before it is sold to a new customer?
O 1) It is the end user's responsibility to ensure that the refurbished PC that they are buying is properly licensed
X 2) If a PC is preinstalled with software by the refurbisher, it is the refurbishers responsibility to ensure that the refurbished PC is properly licensed
O 3) The refurbisher can install whatever licenses the customer asks for
Can a Registered Refurbisher activate software on behalf of their customers?
O 1) No as the customer can only activate the software
O 2) Yes
X 3) Yes, but they must use Sysprep to present the License Terms to the customer when they first boot up so that they can accept them
Where can a Registered Refurbisher purchase
citizenship licenses
or supply to schools and non-profit charitable organisations?
O 1) Purchase from retail stores
O 2) Order through a Microsoft Authorised OEM Distributors
X 3) Order through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program portal
Specially Approved Recipients
O 1) Purchase from retail stores
O 2) Order through a Microsoft Authorised OEM Distributors
X 3) Order through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program portal
The Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program includes Windows citizenship licenses for specific types of customers. What types of customers are eligible for these licenses?
O 1) Non-profit charitable organisations
O 2) Academic users such as schools, administrative offices of educational institutions and museums
O 3) Technology Access Programs (TAP)
X 4) All of the above
hat type of licenses can Specially Approved Recipients receive.
X 1) They can receive only citizenship licenses
O 2) They can receive both commercial and citizenship licenses but given the lower price for citizenship licenses, these are the most likely to be supplied
O 3) They can only receive commercial licenses
If a PC is to be refurbished and preinstalled through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program, what repairs are allowed during the refurbishment process?
O 1) Cleaning and touch up
O 2) Repair and replacement of parts
O 3) Upgrades to components such as hard disk drives and RAM.
O 4) Upgrade of the motherboard
O 5) All of the above
X 6) 1), 2) and 3) only
Can a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher engage a third party to distribute refurbished PCs with citizenship licenses to eligible recipients?
X 1) Yes, but the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher must retain responsibility for the refurbished PC until it is received by the eligible recipient
O 2) No, they can only distribute directly to eligible recipients
O 3) Yes, they can sell the refurbished PCs to the third party who is then responsible for delivering the PC to the eligible recipient
If a refurbished PC has a Windows Operating System COA attached, can the operating system be reinstalled and legally supplied to a new end user?
O 1) Yes, in all cases
X 2) Yes but only if the PC also has its original OEM recovery media or hard-disk based image and that original media/image is used for the installation and is provided to the new end user O 3) No, not unless the refurbisher purchases a new commercial license pack with software and COAs included
O 4) Never
O 3) Yes software and hardware are 2 different products and can be sold separately
Where does a Registered Refurbisher attach the COA for a citizenship Microsoft Office license?
O 1) The COA should be attached to the outside of the PC under the Windows Operating Systems COA
X 2) The COA should be attached to the printed Product Key pdf
O 3) The COA should be attached to the shipping box
Are refunds allowed in the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program for citizenship COAs purchased from the RRP tool?
X 1) No refunds are not allowed for citizenship COAs
O 2) Yes refunds can be given if the COAs are returned within 3 months of purchase
O 3) Yes refunds can be given if agreement is reached with the local subsidiary
Which Windows licenses can a Registered Refurbisher preinstall on a PC with no or an illegible COA attached?
X 1) A Registered Refurbisher can't install Windows through program
O 2) A Registered Refurbisher can preinstall a citizenship license for Windows
O 3) A Registered Refurbisher can install either commercial or citizenship licenses
What recovery option is available for citizenship licenses',
O 1) There is no recovery option available
X 2) Only a hard disk base recovery image is available
O 3) Recovery media on a DVD can be included when pre-installing a citizenship license
Where does a refurbisher put the Windows Operating systems COA once they have preinstalled the software on the refurbished PC?
X 1) A COA must be attached to each PC for each product that is pre-installed and visible on the outside of the PC, beside the pre-existing COA
O 2) If a pre-existing COAs is already on the PC, a further COA does not need to be fixed to the outside of the PC
O 3) A COA must be placed over the pre-existing COA already on the outside of the PC
If a PC is to be refurbished and preinstalled through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program, what repairs are allowed during the refurbishment process?
O 1) Cleaning and touch up
O 2) Repair and replacement of parts
O 3) Upgrades to components such as hard disk drives and RAM.
O 4) Upgrade of the motherboard
O 5) All of the above
X 6) 1), 2) and 3) only
The Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program includes Microsoft Office citizenship licenses for specific types of customers. What types of customers are eligible for these licenses?
O 1) Non-profit charitable organisations and Technology Access Programs
O 2) Academic users such as schools, administrative offices of educational institutions and museums
X 3) All of the above
How old must a PC be for it to be eligible for refurbishment and preinstallation of a license through the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program?
O 1) 1 year old used PC
X 2) At least 6 months old used PC
O 3) The age of the PC doesn't matter, so long as the PC has been owned and used by someone else
O 1) Yes, in all cases
X 2) Yes but only if the PC also has it's original OEM recovery media or hard-disk based image and that original media/image is used for the installation and is provided to the new end user O 3) No, not unless the refurbisher purchases a new commercial license pack with software and COAs included
O 4) Never
What is a 'Refurbished' PC? As defined by Microsoft, a refurbished PC is a used PC that has gone through the following processes that leave the PC ready for use by a new owner:
O 1) Data wiping to remove all data and software that was previously installed on the PC
O 2) Testing to ensure that the PC works and is safe to use
O 3) Minor repair and/or replacement of defective PC components
X 4) All of the above
Can a Microsoft Registered Refurbisher engage a third party to distribute refurbished PCs with citizenship licenses to eligible recipients?
X 1) Yes, but the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher must retain responsibility for the refurbished PC until it is received by the eligible recipient
O 2) No, they can only distribute directly to eligible recipients
O 3) Yes, they can sell the refurbished PCs to the third party who is then responsible for delivering the PC to the eligible recipient
How are the monthly COA ordering limits applied?
O 1) There are no limits
O 2) The limit applies per individual product
o 3) The limit applies to product family totals
X 4) The limit is for all COAs ordered within a given month
O 1) They can receive only citizenship licenses
X 2) They can receive both commercial and citizenship licenses but given the lower price for citizenship licenses, these are the most likely to be supplied
O 3) They can only receive commercial licenses
Why is it important that refurbishers supply PCs with software licenses?
O 1) Because this enables customers to receive PCs with fully working software that also entitles them to downloads, updates and enhanced features
O 2) Because inappropriately installed software carries a risk of viruses and software that doesn't work correctly
O 3) Because copyright and trademark infringement is taken very seriously by the software industry and law enforcement, plus carries serious penalties
X 4) All of the above
The Microsoft Registered Refurbisher Program includes Microsoft Office citizenship licenses for specific types of customers. What types of customers are eligible for these licenses?
O 1) Non-profit charitable organisations and Technology Access Programs
X 3) All of the above
Are refunds allowed in the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program for citizenship COAs purchased from the RRP tool?
X 1) No refunds are not allowed for citizenship COAs
O 2) Yes refunds can be given if the COAs are returned within 3 months of purchase
O 3) Yes refunds can be given if agreement is reached with the local subsidiary
Can a Registered Refurbisher activate software on behalf of their customers?
O 1) No as the customer can only activate the software
O 2) Yes
X 3) Yes, but they must use Sysprep to present the License Terms to the customer when they first boot up so that they can accept them

I'm more than willing to help out with the odd question, but I'm certainly not going to answer every question relating to the test for you here.

Read the literature. The answers are all in there. Google is also your best friend.

I'd be very surprised if you receive any help from a ms refurber on this post tbh.

all questions here marked by x next to my answers , just can you check if these right answers or not ?
Also I read every part in pdf files , used google a lot and still they gives me failed ?? don't know why .

Thanks for help

I'm sorry but non-native speaker or not, I really don't think we should be spoonfeeding test answers to anybody. Maybe, if someone can't pass a test, they shouldn't pass the test?

It's a slippery slope to go from "checking" the answers to someone's test to providing a list of answers for certifications.

X 1) Yes, in all cases Wrong

Where does a Registered Refurbisher attach the COA for a citizenship Microsoft Office license?
X 2) The COA should be attached to the printed Product Key pdf wrong

Which Windows licenses can a Registered Refurbisher preinstall on a PC with no or an illegible COA attached?
X 1) A Registered Refurbisher can't install Windows through program wrong To be honest, I would of put this one too. But on further examination and checking, it is incorrect.

What recovery option is available for citizenship licenses',
X 2) Only a hard disk base recovery image is available wrong

X 2) They can receive both commercial and citizenship licenses but given the lower price for citizenship licenses, these are the most likely to be supplied wrong

That's what I have found wrong here. As for the right answers, that is for you to find out..

From the answers it seems you don't really have a basic understanding of how the program works, to be honest I did the test this evening with no revision and failed it, must have been something stupid, but then I did the test again and passed it.

The programme is all to with the COA, if you can understand all the legal aspects of that then the test is easy.

I took the test to renew on the 3rd of September. Passed and received an email to confirm account was renewed. A week later I received another email telling me time was running out to take the test before the end of September. Huh?

Sure enough after logging into the portal, I had the 'Renew' button back again!

Took several emails back and forth to get them to sort it out but they just got it fixed.

@OP it's good to figure out where you went wrong but the questions may be completely different next time around.
Study the PDFs inside out and backwards.

Last edited:
I just took the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program test and I click the submit button. It did not tell me if I passed or failed the test. It just directed me to the MRRP website, can you provide some guidance? Thank you.

I just took the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program test and I click the submit button. It did not tell me if I passed or failed the test. It just directed me to the MRRP website, can you provide some guidance? Thank you.
My guess would be you took too long to complete the answers and got logged out.

Had it happen to me a few times: Started the test, got distracted by a phone call, finished the test, hit submit, had to log back in. Of course when you log back in you have to start over again.

My guess would be you took too long to complete the answers and got logged out.

Had it happen to me a few times: Started the test, got distracted by a phone call, finished the test, hit submit, had to log back in. Of course when you log back in you have to start over again.
Thank you for the reply.

Back