Logmein v Instant Housecall

Old laptop (energy efficient)
Linux Mint (haven't played with anything else)
No-IP
Screen Connect

Perfect Setup!

Still on LogmeinRescue, not sure what product you are referring to, but I have a yearly contract with them and have for years, so I am guessing since I just renewed, I made the cut. I only have 2 seats, so I'm a small fry still.

Edited to add: I paid $100 a month for my first year for one seat, then I added a seat and they lowered it, then I added on more seats (I had 4 at once I think) and I got a price of $66 per month, per seat. Now I am in the $66 per month pricing for whatever I buy. But only have the 2, that's all I need right now.

Training Davena, (Ohio Tech) to be my Microsoft Exchange migration tech, so we will be using both seats a plenty!

Just Central and Ignition, that's all I've ever used. I could maybe afford Rescue if I had employees and hundreds and hundreds of customers but that's not where I'm at at all. Your business size is about right where they are aiming I think--yours and bigger. Me not so much. They made it pretty clear I'm not really a good fit anymore so I really have no choice but to bail. It's too bad because they worked just fine for me up until they got stupid.

yep, I have never even checked out those products. When my rep looks at my account, they always go "holy ****, you abuse us" :eek:

They also failed to send ANY notice that they were completely changing their pricing scheme today, too, which is just bad.

EDIT: Looks like I'm not the only one ****** about that.

Link 2: "It's a shame. I really liked your service. With my Pro workstation, and 50% discount from the $300 LMI Central, I paid you around $215 last year to not lose my access, and to have an emergency support solution for new or small clients. Sorry, but I'm not paying this ridiculous amount and allowing you to arbitrarily change my services and prices without my agreement. Had I not logged in today, i wouldn't have known until the charge hit. Squeezing your small customers like this is not acceptable. I'm done."

Last edited:
Back