Let my hat or crow eating commence: Sun Valley is officially branded as Windows 11

So.... why be upset?

Any customer who bought a machine in the prior few years never had any expectations that their machine would continue running up and coming operating systems, or at least should not have those expectations. Minimum hardware requirements have always been a thing. I suppose have a software lock to enforce it might be new in the windows world.

At any rate, their current hardware will run windows 10 for another 4+ years.

With all the free money the governments been handing out, I find it hard to believe too many people who are within any sort of financial means to own a computer can't easily afford a replacement by then.

And if so I'm sure there will be some refurbs that will work just fine. I mean in 4 years any 8th gen Intel will be around 7 years old. I'm still selling Dell optiplex 3020's to some folks. I just pair it with a Samsung ssd and it's a fine system for 80% of my clientele. So by then I can probably go with Optiplex 3080's or somewhere in there and they'll be solid still hopefully lol. They keep cheapening things up though so who knows.

I'm afraid eventually even business class stuff will only last 5 years and it will be throw away.

Back