Issue with M365 user leaving company and Outlook shared mailbox

Velvis

Reaction score
When I convert an email account to a shared folder the new person ends up have all kinds of weird Outlook timing issues. Is there a way to avoid this?

Also when I have closed and delegated the account it is automatically added to the users Outlook (which is great) but because this issue happened I wanted to temporarily remove the account but it isn't listed in the Outlook accounts area. How can I remove it without delete the shared mailbox?

weird Outlook timing issues.
Can you elaborate? I've converted many accounts into shared mailboxes and assigned them to people. The only issue I've had is how long it takes for Outlook to pick up the new assignment and pull in the shared mailbox.

To remove, you must revoke the users permissions on the shared mailbox.

Just added the shared mailbox and then she wasn't able to occasionally send email (it came back with a client operation failed error.) and a pop up indicating Outlook Data File Corruption.

What is SaRA?

Is it possible to delegate to user but only via webmail?

Just added the shared mailbox and then she wasn't able to occasionally send email (it came back with a client operation failed error.) and a pop up indicating Outlook Data File Corruption.

What is SaRA?

Is it possible to delegate to user but only via webmail?

I believe the only way is with powershell. You can specify a flag to not auto map the mailbox so Outlook doesn't pick it up.

Then you can add as a shared folder in OWA or use the Open another mailbox feature.

Outlook Profiles are disposable... Just delete it and let it rebuild.

I have issues with Outlook forgetting shared mailboxes more than adding them. But if there is a ton of mail involved, it can wind up with caching issues too since Outlook has a hard limit of 50GB of material cached locally.

But because M365 is what it is, when Outlook misbehaves I just toss the Outlook Profile via the control panel's mail applet, and let the user login again. POOF problem solved. Only thing the user has to do is go setup their signatures again.

Back