Hp g62 blank screen Error Code

Rosco

Reaction score
Got a hp g62 laptop in today. Turns on but a blank screen power lights up, wifi lights up, and the caplocks, and the caplocks is blinking. I start by reseating the ram nothing. i break it down and make sure the caps are not blown. they are fine. tryied an external monitor. nothin. Start looking online and find the code break down but the only thing is it says the capslock and numlock should flash. On this laptop only the caps lock is flashing. The flashing is one flash then a couple seconds then another and so on.

From hp's guide one blink says dead cpu. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...id=reg_r1002_usen&lc=en&tmp_docname=c01732674

i am thinking thats what it is, but i would love a second opinion. Thanks in advance

It's either that or the GPU which would be the board HP have had this issue since the DV series of laptops. Reflowing the GPU can fix this sometimes. But the issue can recur.

Dude, I had a laptop in earlier this year with the same exact issue. An HP G6 series laptop. I left the laptop for a bit and advised to the customer, what the possible issues were because I wasnt too sure. Tried an external monitor, swapped the RAM, blew out dust, opened it up and blew even more dust. Put it back together, same problem. Worst came to worst, I swapped the mobo. FINALLY the laptop is back. What a stressful week for me. Bob, the problem may be different from mines and Im not saying swapping the mobo will fix your issue with the laptop.

Dude, I had a laptop in earlier this year with the same exact issue. An HP G6 series laptop. I left the laptop for a bit and advised to the customer, what the possible issues were because I wasnt too sure. Tried an external monitor, swapped the RAM, blew out dust, opened it up and blew even more dust. Put it back together, same problem. Worst came to worst, I swapped the mobo. FINALLY the laptop is back. What a stressful week for me. Bob, the problem may be different from mines and Im not saying swapping the mobo will fix your issue with the laptop.

strange how these things are sometimes... without getting a screen i can really only narrow it down to a couple things it seems. cpu or motherboard isnt really a viable option price wise for this client i think.

Back