HP Envy laptop mic not working with Zoom, Skype, Teams

DonS

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have a customer with this issue and have not been able to resolve. I have tried the typical Google Fu and working with it to confirm
1) Microphone IS working in Windows
2) Microphone does NOT work in Zoom, Skype, Teams
3) Microphone volume is good. Microphone device is correct. Microphone has full access under security.
4) I have tried the online suggested option of : Control panel => hardware and sound => Sound => 'recording' tab => properties => 'advanced' tab => unselect 'Enable audio enhancements'. This did not resolve the issue.

Apparently, this is a *known* issue with HP Envy laptops! One day its working, the next, not at all.

Has anyone run across this issue and have the magical solution?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all!

I have a customer with this issue and have not been able to resolve. I have tried the typical Google Fu and working with it to confirm
1) Microphone IS working in Windows
2) Microphone does NOT work in Zoom, Skype, Teams
3) Microphone volume is good. Microphone device is correct. Microphone has full access under security.
4) I have tried the online suggested option of : Control panel => hardware and sound => Sound => 'recording' tab => properties => 'advanced' tab => unselect 'Enable audio enhancements'. This did not resolve the issue.

Apparently, this is a *known* issue with HP Envy laptops! One day its working, the next, not at all.

Has anyone run across this issue and have the magical solution?

Thanks in advance!

Get them a bluetooth headset, onboard mic's aren't great anyways

Back