How to become Acer certified technician

Technicien

Reaction score
Hello,

Do you have any informations about Acer certifications ?

Where to get books, courses and where to take exams, I looked a bit on Acer web site and found nothing.

Do you know someone who is Acer certified and is it worth ?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, manufacturers only allow Authorized Service Providers (ASP) to get product repair training. And to become a ASP you usually have to be a reseller.

There are some exceptions where one can register their company as a self maintainer. Say you run Widget Corp and buy a lot of Dell's. You can register your company as a self maintainer, get your techs trained. But you will not get any warranty labor reimbursement from what I have seen.

Also warranty labor reimbursement rates are pretty bad. Back when CompUSA was alive, 2006 or so, HP paid us something like $35 flatrate for many repairs. And if additional parts were needed or it was DOA, tough luck, no additional labor reimbursement.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm just curious about the cost of the books and exams.

I don't want to be paid by Acer to repair computers under warranty, I want to prove to my clients that I have very good knowledge how to repair Acer products. I already repair Acer desktop and laptop and I don't need courses for that.

But you will not get any warranty labor reimbursement from what I have seen.

Also warranty labor reimbursement rates are pretty bad.

Thank you for the reply.

I'm just curious about the cost of the books and exams.

I don't want to be paid by Acer to repair computers under warranty, I want to prove to my clients that I have very good knowledge how to repair Acer products. I already repair Acer desktop and laptop and I don't need courses for that.

Maybe you are not familiar with the ASP space. The vast majority of OEM's do not provider repair information to just anyone. All of that stuff is copyrighted, etc so dissemination is very controlled. Only provided to ASP's whjich have signed non-disclosure. And even then, with the price of equipment, they are very few ASP's. In fact I have never heard of a Acer ASP in the US. They have always been mail in or if the EU really whines a lot they will dispatch a tech. You can search for service manuals but they are very hard to find for recent models for almost all OEM's. At any rate there is nothing special about Acer compared to other OEM's.

I think London Drugs locations might be able to do Acer warranty work, if their tech gets certified. However, you will have to get a job at London Drugs first before you can get certified. I think you would be better off getting a Microsoft cert so you can tell people you are "Microsoft Certified"

I think London Drugs locations might be able to do Acer warranty work, if their tech gets certified. However, you will have to get a job at London Drugs first before you can get certified. I think you would be better off getting a Microsoft cert so you can tell people you are "Microsoft Certified"

Many times the ASP is only authorized to ship it out for repair. Toshiba did that at CompUSA the last few years. Apple as well with laptops. We shipped the Toshiba's to the UPS run repair facility in Louisville, KY which is UPS's main hub in the US. Forgot where the Apple laptops went.

Back