[REQUEST] Has McAfee ever blocked anydesk in Windows 11

Ask your client why do they have McAfee and Anydesk installed, remove both and be at peace.
Install either Emsisoft or BitDefender and Rustdesk.

McAfee may have snuck in via a third party as in Adobe Reader and may not be the customers AV.

Last edited:
Install either Emsisoft or BitDefender

Or just use Windows Security. It's constantly in the top 10 of testing for security suites and often beats the two named ones. Every one of them flip-flops positions in the top 10 over time depending on the exact testing conditions and what the respective makers have pushed out to their products as far as what's scanned for at the moment in time the test is done. If it were to be done an hour later things might be different.

AnyDesk model has gone out of the window for me. Though as in McAfee is the customer paying for this or is it just there. That was my main point in reselling a product or a better AV solution as @britechguy stated even Windows Defender. Though depends on how they use the internet, do they do any financial transaction via the browser etc as this would require more stronger av security @InHomeComputerHelp.com

Though depends on how they use the internet, do they do any financial transaction via the browser etc as this would require more stronger av security

What's the basis for this assertion? I do online banking, credit card payments, and the like and have been using Windows Security for years. As I said, and it's not just my opinion, Windows Security has consistently been scoring somewhere in the top 10 positions for the testing labs that evaluate security suites for years now. For all practical intents and purposes, these things are functionally equivalent on the whole.

Look at the most recent testing results from the following antivirus/security testing labs, along with the historical results from the past several years if you want to see how Windows Security/Defender has been performing. Windows Security has been solidly in the top 10, often top 5, and frequently beats out several well-known competitors that one must pay for.

AV Test (See Windows test section)

AV Comparatives (Reports Page – Look at Real-World Threat Protection and Advanced Threat Protection Test reports)

SE Labs (Reports Page – Look at Endpoint Security Reports)

MRG Effitas (360° Assessment & Certification Reports)

What's the basis for this assertion? I do online banking, credit card payments, and the like and have been using Windows Security for years. As I said, and it's not just my opinion, Windows Security has consistently been scoring somewhere in the top 10 positions for the testing labs that evaluate security suites for years now. For all practical intents and purposes, these things are functionally equivalent on the whole.

Look at the most recent testing results from the following antivirus/security testing labs, along with the historical results from the past several years if you want to see how Windows Security/Defender has been performing. Windows Security has been solidly in the top 10, often top 5, and frequently beats out several well-known competitors that one must pay for.

AV Test (See Windows test section)

AV Comparatives (Reports Page – Look at Real-World Threat Protection and Advanced Threat Protection Test reports)

SE Labs (Reports Page – Look at Endpoint Security Reports)

MRG Effitas (360° Assessment & Certification Reports)
Microsoft do not pay me.

Back