Hardware monitor error, cant figure out what it is

Cyberblood

Reaction score
I'm repairing a Sony PCVRX650 Desktop, but I cant still figure out why we get this message at boot

"Hardware Monitor Found An Error. Enter Power setup menu for details
Press F1 to Continue, Press F2 to enter Setup"

I go to the bios but everything seems normal, Voltage, temperature and fan speed.

I already tried unplugging all drives, taking out the Pci cards, switching memories, clearing the Cmos, updating the bios and changing the CPU fan, but i get the same error.

the only other think is that the PSU is bad, but i tried it with 2 different testers and everything seems ok, also there is no overheating problems, no random crashes or BSOD.

Any help will be appreciated

Post the stats under the power setup menu. This normally just means you have a fan burnt out, or maybe the fan is so dusty its not spinning as fast as it should.

MB temp 30c / 86.5F
CPU temp 41c / 106F

CPU Fan N/A
Power Fan between 2190 - 2235 RPM

VCore --- 1.7v and 1.6v
+3.3 --- 3.3v
+5v --- 5.1v
+12v --- 11.7v and 11.8v

I tried replacing the CPU fan with an spare one i had but still wont report the speed. also the error still shows up if i choose "Ignore" on all of them (except CPU Fan since it wont let me select it)

Last edited:
I know it sounds stupid but do you have the cpu fan plugged into the right slot. Some systems have 2 slots one for cpu fan and one for system fan.

If its not the fan itself then it can only be two other things, a bad powersupply or a bad sensor.

you made doubt, so i check but the fans are conected correctly, im waiting for a cheap PSU i ordered at newegg but the Costumer is been calling for their computer, since nothing else is wrong with the machine i will give him the option to wait or get it like that.

I will report later today or tomorrow, thank you for the help.

I have had a similar error message and my issue was an under volt issue. It would correct itself shortly after initial boot. It did get worse over time I never did determine if it was the PSU or the motherboard but my +5v was hitting below 4.5 and triggering my warning. The system ran fine so long as it didn't reboot. I had some post on this they were some of my original post I believe.

I had similar problem and it was bad Power Supply fan, it is easily replaceable but you will have to open the power supply to change it!!

What you can do I think there's a setting to disable monitoring of the fan!!!

If you get another Power supply that doesn't have the fan sensor you may still get the error!!

I had similar problem and it was bad Power Supply fan, it is easily replaceable but you will have to open the power supply to change it!!

What you can do I think there's a setting to disable monitoring of the fan!!!

If you get another Power supply that doesn't have the fan sensor you may still get the error!!

He's getting good readings on the power supply fan, its the CPU fan which is giving the error.

He's getting good readings on the power supply fan, its the CPU fan which is giving the error.

Yeah I didn't read too closely it is either the CPU fan or the pin it is connected to. I would try a 4 pin molex adapter and take it off the motherboard connector see if the sensor goes to Ignore with the absence of a fan.

Back