Google Backup and Sync endless popups?

Diggs

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn off the popups on the new Google Backup and Sync that is replacing Google Drive? Every time I drop a drive in a dock or insert a USB stick (how many times a day do we do that?) I get another popup from Google. Pfffft! Driving me crazy and I see no easy way to turn them off. (I take that back - The easy way to turn them off is uninstall Backup and Sync!)

Am I missing something easy?

I don't have the new backup and sync, but with Google Photos (what I do have) if you right click on the icon in the systray and go to settings, you see an option to uncheck backup sources such as cameras, memory cards, and external drives. Turning that off stops Google Photos from asking if I want to back up every thumb drive I plug in. Look for a similar setting in Backup and Sync, I'm sure it will be there.

Attachments

• google photos.JPG
    google photos.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 11
Right click Taskbar icon, Settings dots, Preferences, USB devices at the bottom

Ummm - This has nothing to do with Task Bar Settings. Google Backup & Sync is giving the popups and Google has confirmed there is no way to shut them off.

Just saw a post on a forum that said you simply "go to preferences (in B & S) and click USB settings. Turn off USB detection."

You may have already tried that but thought it may help if you haven't.

That setting is not there. I
Just saw a post on a forum that said you simply "go to preferences (in B & S) and click USB settings. Turn off USB detection."

You may have already tried that but thought it may help if you haven't.

That setting isn't there in Preferences..... I complained to Google on their forum and the answer from the tech said there is no way to turn off the popups. He stated there is also no way to go back to Google Drive via Google. I only have B & S on one machine. Pffft! No more if I can help it.

Well, that sucks!
With the amount of complaints I've seen about it when giving the forums a casual glance it will probably get an update soon I would imagine.
Typical of Skynet... err...Google though and just another reason I despise them so much.
They've always been a "We're Google, and we don't give a rats *SS" and an "in-your-face" company.

Ummm - This has nothing to do with Task Bar Settings. Google Backup & Sync is giving the popups and Google has confirmed there is no way to shut them off.

Works for me.

bTrARWM.png

Ahhh! Well done. I didn't understand that setting I guess and really didn't look too much further after the Google rep in their help forums said it can't be done.

Thx!

Back