Gateway One ZX6951 Disasembly

You might be prying off the wrong layer. Are you doing the thin black layer on the back or the split between the black back and the silver sides ?

Remember, you do not have to fix this thing just because you put a lot of time in it. Sometimes I get so involved with a machine I have to stop myself cold and just walk away.

With the thing face down, there should be 2 back panel release latches that slide towards eachother and then the back lifts up like opening a car hood.

From the manual;

Screen shot 2012-07-18 at 5.36.28 PM.jpg

Where did you find this manual ? For some reason that does not look like the same machine.

http://search.support.gateway.com/iphrase/query

I tried going to the start of the manual to see if it is the same model, but didn't specify. It is an all in one, but maybe not the same. Closer observation compared to the pics OP uploaded, it might not be the same. But if it is anything like this, I suspect it comes apart in a similar way.

http://search.support.gateway.com/iphrase/query

I tried going to the start of the manual to see if it is the same model, but didn't specify. It is an all in one, but maybe not the same. Closer observation compared to the pics OP uploaded, it might not be the same. But if it is anything like this, I suspect it comes apart in a similar way.

Ok, because I worked on several of them and stupid Gateway has made them all very unique and that didnt look the same. I really do not understand why they do something like this and then they don't put out any kind of manual. You might be right about the general process to open, but I was just wondering why those photos looked so different.

I posted earlier about where he was seperating the "layers" as I am calling them. I think he is taking out the more of a decorative layer and not the main rear panel. But only he can tell. :p

Okay so ny technician and I sat down again today to figure this thing out out.

What we found is: There are no other screws to remove besides the stand screws. There is NOTHING behind the removable door by the COA & It comes apart at split between the silver/black band. Like NYJimbo for the help.

In other words... It's nothing like the video on youtube or how the Gateway website describes it! Nor how it appears to come apart (I swear when I took off those bottom feet and tried to pry the case from the bottom it just didn't happen.) You have to start on the side. I will have to partially reassemble to test it so I should be able to make a short video tomorrow.

Thanks to all for the help!

Back