Drivers for Dell Latitude E6510 Laptop

brockalee

Reaction score
I have 2 "other devices" showing up in the device manager with no drivers.

Broadcom USH
Hardware ID USB\BID_0A5C&PID_5800&REV_0101&MI_00

Unknown Device
Hardware ID ACPI\SMO800

Here is Dell's support page for this laptop.
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/04/servicetag/3794VM1

This laptop originally came with Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit, but after a hard drive crash I installed 64-Bit.

The chipset drivers on Dell's website listed as 64-Bit do not work. I have tried both Win7 and Vista, but get the message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."

There are different versions of the chipset software and I have tried them all (original to current).

Any suggestions?

The trick with dell drivers is above the list you will see:

() Filtered driver results for your service tag (x files)

() All related drivers for your Product (xx files)

Always be sure to click the "All" item or many drivers will be hidden. So many times I cannot find a driver unless I check that.

For your situation it looks like it could be chipset or power related.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Doing the "show all" drivers worked apparently. I've used that trick before in the past, but forgot about it!

I already had the finger print software installed, but unfiltering the downloads made the driver actually show up.

Thanks again. :)

Have you ever tried DriverPackSolution?

It's on bittorrent (Not illegally, that's one way they distribute it).

Great little program, just make sure you uncheck the bloatware options (yandex toolbar or whatever). Doesn't need a local install, just run it off a key or network drive. Finds 95% of the drivers in any of the machines I ever work on, installs them and everything! Best of all it costs nothing :)!

DriverPack is great and all, but I only use it if I am in a bind. Reasons: It does not look professional at all, in fact I have had it scare people, It can install old drivers, it has some drivers that cause issues.

Back