DHL shipping is horribly slow

tankman1989

Reaction score
I ordered from Newegg on Thursday, 11-15 and everything shipped the next day from the same warehouse in Edison NJ. For some reason I have 2 packages shipped UPS and 2 DHL. The UPS will be here today (It's always next day delivery ordering from Newegg when UPS ships from Edison for me) but 1 DHL isn't even tracking and another is now headed out of PA (where I live) to MD for some reason. Why can't they just use one shipper? I've never had fast service from DHL. Their global mail system takes like 2-3 times as long as FedEx to ship from China to the States and customs is almost always an issue.

BOOOOOO DHL!!!!!!:mad:

I ordered from Newegg on Thursday, 11-15 and everything shipped the next day from the same warehouse in Edison NJ. For some reason I have 2 packages shipped UPS and 2 DHL. The UPS will be here today (It's always next day delivery ordering from Newegg when UPS ships from Edison for me) but 1 DHL isn't even tracking and another is now headed out of PA (where I live) to MD for some reason. Why can't they just use one shipper? I've never had fast service from DHL. Their global mail system takes like 2-3 times as long as FedEx to ship from China to the States and customs is almost always an issue.

Few years back they were talking about DHL going out of business in US. They closed a lot of offices around the country but I guess they are still around. I didn't even know that Newegg uses DHL for shipping. That is news to me. I only know that DHL is very good for international shipping when it comes to taking care of custom/tax fees. They do most of the work for you.

The DHL packages will most likely be routed to your local post office and delivered to your mailbox. That's how it's been for us when DHL is used.

I was in the transportation industry before I started my computer business. My advice is to never use DHL in North America. They have no infrastructure of their own, and basically subcontract out to the postal service. FedEx, UPS, Purolator (for my fellow Canadians) or the postal service are better options.

DHL in Europe and Asia is a different matter.

I'm surprised to see DHL even offered for domestic shipments. My wife runs a Packing and shipping center and DHL is only advertising services for international shipments.

DHL was in the US domestic trade until about 4 years ago. At the time, my wife's DHL rep said they were losing about $1 billion per year and wanted to use their own aircraft to reduce costs. A couple of Senators and Representatives (who covered the locations of the unionized aircraft company they were using) threatened DHL with anti-trust investigations, so DHL pulled out of the US domestic trade.

Anyway, here's a page I found on DHLs website showing what their domestic smartpost is....which is basically a streamlined front end of the USPS: http://us.dhlglobalmail.com/domestic-mailing-and-shipping-services.aspx

That's not confidence inspiring. I ordered RAM yesterday and for the first time DHL is delivering rather than UPS, we'll see how it goes. Good thing it's for personal use I guess.

The DHL packages will most likely be routed to your local post office and delivered to your mailbox. That's how it's been for us when DHL is used.

Yeah the post office receives packages from DHL to deliver with the regular mail. My father works for the post office and they get packages delivered almost everyday for delivery in his area. And he agrees with me that they are a horrible shipping company to do business with. Can't you request with Newegg that shipping be done only via FedEx or UPS? Maybe state it in the notes that you've had horrible service in the past from them and would rather not have them handle your packages. Worth a shot at least.

We should all contact Newegg and tell them that we are very unsatisfied with them using DHL. It's ridiculous when you get 2 day garunteed shipping and it's 2 days late because they use DHL, especially if you paid the $2.99 or $5.99 for "rush processing"!

I'm going to contact them and let them know how I feel. This is the only way businesses can know their customers are unhappy!

Manchester United is ending and will buyout their training kit sponsorship with DHL. DHL had around 60mil deal with United. Not sure of the term but 60 mil even over 5 years it a lot for a struggling company to put out. The DHL replacement is Chevrolet who will pay United over 500mil for 7 years.

Manchester United is ending and will buyout their training kit sponsorship with DHL. DHL had around 60mil deal with United. Not sure of the term but 60 mil even over 5 years it a lot for a struggling company to put out. The DHL replacement is Chevrolet who will pay United over 500mil for 7 years.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Is this some union talk and what is Chevrolt other than a brand of GM?

Same here, as well. I cringe when I hear their name or see their logo. Not ONCE has that company even come close to delivering a package to me or my companies on time. The closest they ever got was a week late. Hell, they even managed to drop it at the USPS after the delivery due date! The latest was two months to deliver a padded envelope, containing a single stick of RAM. Yeah, THAT instills confidence. :p

May the powers of the universe help you if you need to track a package after it's been handed to DHL.

I'm thinking about refusing delivery when it gets here. The one package Is still at a USPS facility in MD, been there for 48 hours. Another package just tracked in Memphis TN so IDK when I'll get that!

I'm writing again to complain. Their response was "due to the economy" customers don't want to pay for shipping, but I'd gladly pay a reasonable price.

I was able to get free shipping on a 25lb case and on a 48lb package of parts! both of those arrived next day via UPS with FREE shipping!

Now tell me why they can't ship my RAM the same way for free.?

I find most small shipments such as a few sticks of ram have a greater chance of shipping DHL or USPS. When they offer free shipping you basically forfeit the right to choose the carrier. It only makes sense that they will use the cheapest method. Otherwise, choose UPS or Fedex at checkout and pay the shipping.

I order about $6k worth of stuff from overseas every mth and i get it within a 4 dys from Asia via DHL

Back