Dell XPS One 2710 AIO No Post, No Beeps

DonS

Reaction score
Hey all

I have an idea what the issue is, but I would like to run it past the fine folks here as a double check. I just worked on this computer replacing a bad hard drive. Installed Windows 8.1 and it was good to go. Fast forward two months.

Customer info regarding this computer: ( to be taken lightly, perhaps)
- customer states they upgraded to windows 10
- customer state they starting having errors about hard drive
- on reboots, computer would try to run a repair, but would blue screen

Current status:
- Powers on, no post, no beeps, screen lights up for a few seconds (blank, just light emitting) then black again.

Troubleshooting:
- Removed and Tested hard drive - **Hard drive is GOOD, no errors through HD Tune or Seagate Tools
- Removed DVD drive
- Tried booting with one RAM stick, swapped, etc
- Trying to boot to CD, drive spins, still nothing (no post)
- Reset BIOS

No change
I am assuming bad motherboard at this point, even though I do not seen any bad caps. Could be video related (its all on board, since this is an all in one)

If anyone has any suggestions or confirmation from similar experience, I would appreciate it before I call this one.

Thank you!

That unit looks pretty easy to open up . So if you can, check the fans for any heavy clogging. If you see it then its likely its cooked itself. Pull the CMOS coin and put back just to be sure the cmos is flushed.

I don't like the fact they have some internal fan spinning on the GPU, which might be dead.

Back