CC4-121 Issues scanning to email from Brother Printer

trianglelaptops

Reaction score
I have a Windows 10 client with Thunderbird currently set up to access their email account via IMAP. All program defaults that I can find are currently set properly, yet I consistently get a CC4-121 error on the computer when trying to scan to an email from their Brother Printer, saying that there is no default email application. I have noticed some people discussing this error message in relation to Windows 7 and they have suggested setting a default for "MAPI" somewhere in the custom default app settings, but this area doesn't seem to exist in Windows 10. Anyone else have this issue with either IMAP or POP3?

Make sure that Thunderbird has all its defaults in Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set Default Programs. It's probably missing an association with MAILTO protocol.

Windows 10 has a strong preference for its own apps and it isn't always obvious how to override that.

So it's scanning from the device to the PC, then the Brother software is attempting to kick it into a mail program?

Is the device itself networked, and is it viable to configure it to send email directly?

Back