[REQUEST] Best solution for managing whitelist of email and text client?

g8orade

Reaction score
Revised this post replacing "chat" with "text client".

I thought to post this in managed services, but I'm still too much a noobie here and cannot yet.
I support elderly and physically disabled persons with computing, persons who may have trouble with the physical interfaces of computing, like tiny controls and precision point and clicking / touching, and who also may not be as cautious as they should be interacting with email and chat programs.

Can anyone help out with your top method of whitelisting email AND text client on pc format devices and OSes, and phone/tablet ? I guess this is better qualified now by the OS version that various hardwares run? My clients don't run Linux so far. In Texting particularly, this exposes the continued deliberate fragmentation of text clients and whether how it is tied to phone networking. Thanks for any pointers to existing guides or thoughts on this topic.

Email--It seems this is accomplished in most cases through the creation of a reference file (Contacts) and routing messages to Inbox when in list is true and elsewhere (Junk, Trash, etc) when false. Is there generally more to it than that?
When someone is using a local client in combination with web access to the same account, is double configuration generally required, or best to set up rules on the server / web account, if possible?
Windows 10/11
  1. Web solution?
  2. Local client solution?
MacOS 10/11
  1. Web?
  2. Local client?
Android

iOS

Text Client--This is somewhat complicated by company-specific products (Apple, Samsung) versus intalling a third party product (WhatsApp, Telegram, Signal). Can you whitelist any of them by using the email reference file approach? What occurs to the out of list incoming messages?

Windows 10/11
  1. Web solution?
  2. Local client solution?
MacOS 10/11
  1. Web?
  2. Local client?
Android

iOS

Last edited:
Back