Apple certification legit sample test questions

ChrisTech

Reaction score
Hi all

I've started the process of learning Mac to support customer desktops etc as I've had a couple in and I'd like to add it to my list of services. I've got Mountain Lion running in a VM (with VMWare Workstation) so I can have a good play with it :)

I'd like to add the ACSP certification to my qualifications (and also have it alongside my Comptia A+ website logo, so prospective customers can see it) and I'm currently going through the Mac OSX Support Essentials book for Mountain Lion.

My question is, are there any legit sources of ACSP test sample questions out there, that are not either very expensive (for just 80-ish questions) or just for iPhone or iPad apps? If I have to go the expensive route so be it, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew how to get reasonably priced questions that were not "brain dumps".....

Any advice appreciated.

Chris

Many thanks for the info.

I guess I'll plough through the book and use those questions - at least it isn't as thick as the A+ book! ;)

Apple exams are the easiest IT exams I have ever taken. Just go through the book and you'll be fine.

i have some test questions i can zip up and send to you if you send me your contact details

Double ditto on Peachpit. But remember that the Apple ecosystem still has plenty of older systems and OS's. If you plan on working with businesses you will find they are less likely jump to the latest and greatest compared to consumers.

It's just as complex as the M$ ecosystem. As an example. I have a small business customer that is still using a server with OS X 10.5. They have a File Maker Pro template created 4-5 years ago at great expense. Because new versions of FMP do not support that format they cannot upgrade. That also impacts the workstations since, beginning with 10.7, they cannot run the older version of FMP client. The net result is an all or nothing proposition. If they wish to move up to the latest it means a complete redo of FMP.

Double ditto on Peachpit. But remember that the Apple ecosystem still has plenty of older systems and OS's. If you plan on working with businesses you will find they are less likely jump to the latest and greatest compared to consumers.

It's just as complex as the M$ ecosystem. As an example. I have a small business customer that is still using a server with OS X 10.5. They have a File Maker Pro template created 4-5 years ago at great expense. Because new versions of FMP do not support that format they cannot upgrade. That also impacts the workstations since, beginning with 10.7, they cannot run the older version of FMP client. The net result is an all or nothing proposition. If they wish to move up to the latest it means a complete redo of FMP.

This is true for the most part. Especially since the elimination of PPC or at least Rosetta to support PPC apps. But Apple has never made no qualms about moving on and leaving old code or technology behind. In my opinion 10.6 (a.k.a Snow Leopard) was really the best recent version of OSX. Made for performance and can run just about anything. Sadly enough, 10.6.8 is very difficult to walk away from.

What hardware are you using and how is the performance? I have someone wanting to try it as a vm but I've heard it can be slow.
When you say VM ware workstation, as opposed to Fusion, I am assuming you aren't running it on a Mac.

Speaking of Legit, technically you are violating the Apple EULA if you install it on non Mac hardware, if you care.

In my opinion, you don't really get the feel of OS X without the hardware and most problems are hardware related.

Last edited:
If you want ot pass the exam without spending additional 200$ for ACSP 10.10 you can download iLearn: Advance ACSP application on your iPhone/iPad this help me a lot to pass the exam with 90%. To study and understand Mac you need to answer all questions read the answer and explanation and also TEST ON YOUR MAC COMPUTER, so with experiment with your Mac you will learn how it will be in real environment.[/QUOTE]

Back