Anyone using Atera?

Chadhardy

Reaction score
I just came across this software as I'm still searching for the software I want to use. Atera (http://www.atera.com) seems to include everything I'm looking for except for the MAV component. Their documentation says it includes GoToAssist, but I haven't found that yet.

Looking for anyone else that has used this software.

I was just reading through the AMA.

- A huge positive is that this has unlimited agents for each of its three tiers, great for guys starting out. Has Goto Assist integration aswell.

- A huge negative is the lack of included Anti Virus, the profit potential for me with N-Able and the essential licenses.

I think this makes sense if you have alot of clients that want to use their own AV or if you have your own stand alone Managed AV?

I was speaking with Jan (VP, MSP Success) over the weekend and I thought the GoToAssist was part of the package, but it's not. The integration is there, but the license isn't. You still have to purchase that separately. That and the fact that there is no MAV turned me off from them. I really like their pricing model though.

Just checking out the Atera backup solution. Looks very familiar. Almost exactly same os Max Backup (IASO) but green instead of blue. Other than that, can't tell the difference. Wonder why IASO (owned by LogicNow) would let Atera, a competitor, rebrand?

I asked Jan about where the data is being stored and all he said was "Datacenter in the US and for Europe in The Netherlands."

Apparently he didn't want to share that info :)

I personally do not trust ANY magazine article which has adverts on it. Reason being, looking at the article you quoted here, the 'editor' will have any choice from any number of said av's to choose from as being the best for them.

My thoughts behind this?. Who paid them the most money, gets the best review.

Much rather go with av comparative listings any day. No adverts, no potential back handers..

Now this is my own point of view as a technician. Nothing to do with being a Technibble Mod / Admin.

I used what was available. They are not tested by AV comparative.

I "bumped" the thread to see if others had tested the solution out.

Currently using n-able but was just thinking if I could save a few dollars, it never hurts!

I currently use LN, but am seriously considering jumping ship to Atera. I know a few other techs who are/have/maybe moving to Atera too.

i've been up on it for 2 months now.. being a one man setup it covers all my bases.. i resell emsisoft.. so the lack of Av for now isn't a big deal and even when they release webroot not sure i'll partake.. i was using LN but honestly is had more than i needed and Atera along with Screenconnect i'm covered on just about all my needs.. Gil the owner is a great and answers email at 2am when i message him..

Mark,

The remote setup on atera i really don't like and it was spotty at best and doesn't have all the features screenconnect does. with the cost savings for atera's setup. i'm still paying less for Atera and SC than i did for LN..

LN = LogicNow

-monte

O ok...maxfocus is what they changed to....annnnd apparently now part of N-able. That's a big circle! I wonder how long before they just merge the two systems into one. Thanks for the information Monte!

I'm not using their full package, but I've using their spam filtering service (mailshield) for over 3 years with great results, and the backup solution (datashield) for the past year, which I would also recommend.
pricing on both products is quite good, and leaves me a decent profit margin.

I use Atera, but I'll probably be switching out over the next few months. I like it because it was affordable and gave me some options to push into the MSP/RMM world. Unfortunately, it hit or miss. I'll highlight a few of the more negative features.

1) Takes forever to "Sync" a new computer. For whatever reason, it takes about 20 minutes for a computer to show up in your dashboard.

2) Patch deployment (windows updates, etc) seem to be hit or miss.

Those are two major downsides for me. Everything seems very sluggish for my tastes. It's fine if you only have a few customers, but having to trust that things are being done right with the software is a major no-no. It does what it wants sometimes.

It does have some good points though, and I hope they iron out the bugs.

1) affordable
2) quick connect through remote connection
3) integrated backup solution
4) unlimited client machines...you pay per technician, not machine.

My take on Atera after I ahve been using it for about 3 months, 2 months paid. I moved from Logic Now
Currently NO built in AV so I am using BitDefender Gravity Zone MSP, which is great IMHO
Built in is in beta and is Webroot End Point
Remote control at best is hit and miss. Uses RDP and VNC depending as far as I can tell if there is anyone logged in.saying that it has helped me out on a few occasions.
They have backup and email filtering but not tried these
I am paying monthly so I can decide if I am sticking with it.
The alerts are pretty good, there is a ticketting system (which I have yet to try)

I like the fact it is a fixed fee (exchange rate considered in UK) each month for unlimited end points so ahve a good idea on cost each month

I think when you trial it it can seem slow but when you ahve a valid subscription hte propogation of customers seems quicker, patch management seems more stable again this might be me.
Definitly give it a go if you are looking for something, you have nothing to lose. if you need a referal code just ask me (cheeky but why not)

Hello all - I have been using Atera since I first found out about it in March (I think). It's "okay" for what it offers. It's a fairly capable (building/revising all the time based on user feedback) RMM with alerting that has been great. There is no per-node limit so I install it on EVERYTHING. It is infantile in it's SNMP, but I think it'll get better as people request features.

There are times when I get some false positives regarding the check in of a node, but I think that'll work itself out as well. They have been super responsive to any requests or problems, and have regular webinars that introduce new features or help you pick a feature.

The RMM is fairly complete with the ability to track services, event triggers, standard metrics, and Exchange server out of the box. They started with integration to GoToAssist, but due to a poll are going to integrate to Teamviewer as well and in the future ScreenConnect. There is scripting and patch management right out of the box, so it really does do a number of things.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned before in this tread, though, is the integration of a complete ticketing system. The ticket system is really the "heart" of the offering I think (I don't really use it currently, but feel that is where it is the most mature). You can install an icon on every desktop that has an agent right from the console, which allows a customer to enter and view tickets. The ticket system tracks time to resolution, allows sending "how'd I do" requests, etc.. and it integrated with Xero accounting directly. I hope to roll it out once I get my butt in gear (too busy with other stuff currently).

I rely on Atera currently to provide me with complete status of my client base. Since I'm a single technician it's 89/mo and I have it on at least 100 devices. I have many set to provide uptime monitoring, which is useful to know about outages, and I have setup a few to monitor specific services etc.. You can also do MS licensing auditing, and it'll provide you with Windows and Office keys.

There is a backup solution at $.50/GB, so it's not the cheapest but it's all integrated. I'm using Business Avast, so I don't need AV included, although it would be geat if it was.

It is pretty powerful, but I think it's real strength is that it's growing with user input. Requests that I've put in, are responded to and I'm told whether they are going to be in the next release, or are in the roadmap, etc.. There is SNMP support, it's just not very plug and play (you have to know the OID and then have to setup a threshold for it - but it works for alerting, just no graphs yet). It's a clean interface, with a mobile friendly site so it works on my phone, although I'd prefer an actual mobile app.

Anyway - I have been using it a while and will continue with them. Any questions hit me up!
Good luck!

The RMM is fairly complete with the ability to track services, event triggers, standard metrics, and Exchange server out of the box. They started with integration to GoToAssist, but due to a poll are going to integrate to Teamviewer as well and in the future ScreenConnect. There is scripting and patch management right out of the box, so it really does do a number of things.

I'm using Business Avast, so I don't need AV included, although it would be geat if it was.
They have just rolled our Splashtop for remote which should be fully integrated in Q4. Beta is Webroot for AV

Back