[TIP] Another "tool" for the hard-to-please! (Win11 Explorer Patcher)

And it bugs me that any IT professional would spout this kind of nonsense. It's right up there with the furor about telemetry when it was introduced in Windows 8.1 and 10, then backported to Windows 7.

So, no to "Windows is spying on you!," nonsense.
It bugs me that as an IT Professional - you and others like you - are so blind to it and freely give them whatever they want..
With the utmost respect, you really need to go out more, seriously.
Have you ever taken the time to find out exactly what MS and others collect?

Thats it, I'm done. No more "opinions" or posts from me.

Have you ever taken the time to find out exactly what MS and others collect?

Yes, I have. And it's why I don't use (or use with full knowledge) "others" and MS as well.

There's a reason I don't use the Chrome browser, and even use the Edge browser to a limited extent, as but two examples.

And if there's one thing I'm not, it's blind. I am informed and know about the tradeoffs I'm making. That prevents me from being or becoming paranoid.

Thats it, I'm done. No more "opinions" or posts from me.
Please reconsider. You don't have to justify or explain each of your opinions if you don't feel like it.
e.g. "trust" is founded on many facts, sometimes very small, collected over many years in the field, which ultimately form your own opinion.
Sometimes is just not worth the explanation ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GTP
Please reconsider. You don't have to justify or explain each of your opinions if you don't feel like it.

I concur.

But you do have to expect other people to react to anything you might post. And when something that strikes the majority of practitioners as unsupported and unjustified, you're going to get called out for it.

Freedom of expression, anywhere, doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that expression. This topic didn't come anywhere near to a flame war nor unjustified personal attacks. But if someone wants to "pack up their toys and go home" because their opinions are forcefully questioned, that's their call.

Back