Add screen to PC

johnrobert

Reaction score
Add screen to PC so I can use it standing up…..using the same keyboard and mouse - what is the best way to do this using wifi or Bluetooth or do I need a cable? A cable means drilling a new hole in the cabinets, only one video output, and its a mini Optiplex desktop

It's unclear when I google it – I have Windows 10 Pro. It doesn’t seem to have MiraCast but it looks like it will find a wifi display. Will it be laggy?

Samsung has a function though I've not used. Came across it when I was researching wireless video with a Samsung display but that model did not have that function.

You can probably do the same with Chromcast. and other similar devices.

You can probably do the same with Chromcast.

You can. I have used casting to very large screen TVs for some of my visually impaired clients, as it allows the entire screen to be "ultra-magnified" yet all of it still being visible, which is not the case with magnification software.

Heck, you can even cast your smartphone to casting devices, which can be handy for presentations where a demo of a smartphone app is wanted.

Drop a cheap low-profile video card in it. I had an Optiplex 3010 with a 1050 Ti low-profile for years. Eventually dropped a cheap $35 low-profile generic card in it (6150?) and it's still doing dual monitor desk duty at a friends house.

Back