Acer Authorized Repair Center

Alphatech

Reaction score
Today i lost a potential customer because i was not an Acer Authorized Repair Center. They called and asked me my location, then proceeded to ask me if i was an Acer authorized repair center. I told them no unfortunately but i can fix what ever the issue maybe. Long story short they refused and hung up. I have never given any thoughts to becoming an Authorized Repair center for any company, but after today i am considering it slightly.

Are there any of you that currently do this? If so for who?

What advise do you guys have for holding on to a customer looking for an authorized repair center?

Haven't looked into Acer, but previous places I've worked for have checked into HP and Lenovo. Basically they require you to sell like around 50k worth of equipment from them per year before you can be an "authorized service center" so hehe, unless you can do that, you're probably SOL.

The good news? Your local competitors aren't "authorized service centers" either.

The customer that called you won't find one in your area and will eventually settle on probably the last repair shop he/she called - unless someone else was able to explain to them why they won't find an "authorized" spot in town (and assuming the untrusting customer believes them.)

Basically when people call asking about "authorized" places, I explain to them why they won't find one and try to get to the root of their problem / why they are calling - at that point I am able to present some attractive options to that person.

Those are some good points. Thank You. I want to call back and check up on them, ask them if they found anyone to resolve their problems and maybe explain to them what you said about the authorized places, then offer my services.

In addition to the sales numbers "Foolish" mentioned, you would also most likely be required to use "Official" parts for any repair. This needlessly increases the cost of the repair significantly. It also could potentially increase the turnaround time as well. I would put a "positive spin" on the reply, and use this to my advantage. "No sir, we are not a factory authorized service center for Acer. However, we believe this is a good thing because..."

They probably were looking for an "acer authorized service center" because what they were really looking for is "a place to take my computer and have it fixed for free".

I am pretty sure all of Acers stuff in the US goes to Texas for repair at one of their facilities.

So true, I live in Florida, and that is the last place they will find it. I contacted my some of my competitors and none of them were authorized service center for any company. Oh Well they'll come back or another will come.

Mind you i just started out in this venture so whenever i can't keep a customer, i tears me.

Back