A few words of advice on 48 Hour Logo

colonydata

Reaction score
I've recommend 48 hours logo to quite a few people on this forum. I had my logo done for about the minimum price required.

I am currently managing a contest for a client on 48 hours logo and i have to say, I am very disappointing with the quality and the quantity of the submissions when pricing the contest at it's minimum.

I am not saying that 48 hours Logo isn't a good option anymore, but if you think your going to get a good logo now for the minimum price, you might be disappointed.

hence the maxim "You get what you pay for"

Why would you pay the minimum anyways? We have always paid at least $125, and have had great results.

I payed $200 the last (and only) time I used them and I was very impressed with several of the submissions that I received. It was difficult for me to choose honestly. I have to agree that you get what you pay for.

I have paid GBP £19 for fantastic results with unlimited revisions and concept. You dont like the first concept of 3 logos, they will do another 3 and once you are happy with one, they will do unlimited revisions.

For the few dozen client I have offered logo services ( at a good markup ) the majority were very happy with the 1st three concepts and they chose one form the three and made revisions until they were happy. PM if you require more details.

Along similar lines, if you need your computer repaired, and you go with the cheapest guy advertising on Craigslist, you may not be happy with the results. ;)

People who enter contests on 48 Hour Logo are the pizza techs of the design world. You may get a good result in the end, but you're not going to be working with a design professional.

People who enter contests on 48 Hour Logo are the pizza techs of the design world. You may get a good result in the end, but you're not going to be working with a design professional.

Thats total BS. We have gotten real quality designs from there.

well as a graphic design company..... places like this are like the platforms, yes they can give you options, but I try not to do too much on them as they can be time consuming, and when we only charge $150 - $250 for a logo design.... well you're really not saving that much.

You've got a really reasonable price for logo design, but unless you are AMAZING, which you might be, I still think I'll get a better result putting up $250 for a logo tourney and ACTIVELY managing and guiding the designers. That, in my opinion, is the secret sauce. (I have managed 15 logo tourneys)

When i did my logo i got a lot of entries, and they were all across the spectrum. some good, some ok, and some bad.

this go round it would appear the price has gone up that you need to pay in order to get the same level of quality.

not knocking 48 hour logo, thats just the way it is. i will probably use 48 hour logo again in the future. but the amount of money i am going to plan on spending is going to be higher.

in the end it was my fault for not looking at what the current market conditions were and figuring out how much it would cost to get the desired quality. just want people to not make the same mistake.

I did the minimum myself since that is all my budget allowed. I was very happy with the results. It could also be the designer that works on your project. Mine was very helpful and did a few variations for me after the contest was over.

I put up the minimum for our logo, and there was no entries at first and i got a little worried i would end up with rubbish i didnt want....but....loads of designs came in within the last 4 hours, i had plenty to choose from, requested lots of revisions from different people and ended up with something i genuinley wanted.

Back