Which operating system is better

• Windows OS

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Zorin OS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very subjective and it completely depends on the purpose.

Windows is a better desktop OS for Enterprise, Agency, Organization, Government computers because it is supported by a large company, has superb Azure & O365 integration including Active Directory for management, etc.

Basically, it is very easy to manage large groups of computers.

Linux is generally better for specific task-built machines. For example a lathe at a machine shop, the basis for a SmartPhone OS like Android, for running on a Raspberry Pi etc.

I hope that helps. If I am a manufacturer making a special tool such as a cable tester or an OTDR box in a small hand-held, I am probably going to make the software run on top of Linux and not pay licensing to Microsoft. If I am running a big company, I am going to run Windows OS.

In the home computer market it varies, but Windows is best for general Microsoft Office work, school work, and and runs pretty much every piece of software out there. It is also the best for gaming unless you bring gaming consoles into the picture. That said MacOS such as on an M1 Mac Mini is the sweet spot for routine activities like browsing the web and reading email. Yes MS Office on it is about 95% as good as on Windows, so it it decent for most of these activities. Sure there is less software and games, but you can do 99% as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back