WinPE on Portable

Silvermyst

Reaction score
I'm trying to see if I can put windows PE into a 500GB portable hard drive instead of a USB.

I want to be able to run the PE and do the data backup directly from the bootable HD. I just can't seem to find a way to make it work. It works perfectly with a USB but sometimes clients have data that's up to 500+GB and I have to annoyingly stick a portable hard drive into another USB port.

Gandalf’s Windows 10PE or Hirens would be amazing in a portable 1TB hard drive or even 500GB.

Thoughts? ideas?

I use wintoUSB, the windows ISO USB creator, and even Rufus but its not ready the portables. Just the USB....
You just need to copy the ISO to the "_iso" directoy on the IODD while it's in HDD mode, then switch to mixed mode to boot the PE iso and recover the data to the HDD partition on the IODD. Do you have an IODD or Zalman?

Reactions: GTP
You just need to copy the ISO to the "_iso" directoy on the IODD while it's in HDD mode, then switch to mixed mode to boot the PE iso and recover the data to the HDD partition on the IODD. Do you have an IODD or Zalman?
No but im about to have it. lol

Thank you for the feedback Larry

As Larry mentioned an IODD makes it so easy. I have 2 partitions on my IODD, 1 for .iso's and the other for tools, utilities, and backup if needed.
I have WRT (Windows Repair Toolbox) with over 150 tools and utilities just a click away.
It really is simple and effective.

Back