Windows Vista Loading Slow

samjcarroll

Reaction score
I have a machine that the windows vista is loading very slow. I have eliminated virus and mal ware with various scans. I have disabled all programs from start up. Is there anything that is windows vista specific that anyone can think of that would be causing this machine to load extremely slow.

Definitely check for hard drive errors/smart errors. We get "slow loading" machines all the time that end up being unreadable sectors that make the machine timeout during steps of the bootup.

Of course there are a ton of other things, but you can google that yourself. . :p

Vista seems to really trash the drives with indexing. Have you turned that off? It can really slow things down from a disk access point of view.

coffee

what sort of procesor & ram have you got? Is it a clockwork abacus and 16kb of memory? perhaps a dell c600 with 512mb ? Slow to show desktop or slow to user login?
You dont seemed to have learned from the second time you posted http://technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7246 about giving suficient info.
2009 was a long time ago:rolleyes:
pitchfork-and-torches-256x300.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely check for hard drive errors/smart errors. We get "slow loading" machines all the time that end up being unreadable sectors that make the machine timeout during steps of the bootup.

Of course there are a ton of other things, but you can google that yourself. . :p

+1

Scan the drive w/ Sea Tools, Vivard, etc. before proceeding further. No sense in doing a lot of scanning if you're looking at a bad HD. Also, HD could be stuck in PIO mode.

Back