Windows Admin Center

HCHTech

Reaction score
I finally got my chance to install this and see what that nag message I get every time I load server manager is all about. It seems like it would be helpful in multiple server scenarios - I installed it on a workstation onsite and connected it to 4 host machines and 8 server VMs. I was kind of looking forward to an all-in-one overview of the kingdom, but that's not really part of it. You can connect to any of the individual machines and see all about it, look the logs, storage, NICs, devices, firewall, as well as RDP into it if you like. So it's definitely useful. Whether or not I can train my brain to go there first when addressing an issue remains to be seen.

There are notifications, but I didn't see a way to have it send those anywhere - that's already being done by other means, though.

For a single physical server environment, it seems about on par with server manager.

Yeah, I'm too much of a wuss to install in Core mode - I still put GUIs on the host servers. I think I'm too old to change my ways on that front - haha. You young 'uns and your new-fangled ideas - get off my lawn! :D

Yeah, I'm too much of a wuss to install in Core mode - I still put GUIs on the host servers. I think I'm too old to change my ways on that front - haha. You young 'uns and your new-fangled ideas - get off my lawn! :D
I also deploy 100% GUI mode, there's no resource savings to be had in core mode really.

I use core-ish stuff only when I'm using K8S style orchestration on a windows server, and that's only in my lab currently!

Back