[REQUEST] What devices do you carry?

Just a laptop for me, Lenovo Thinkpad X250. Small, lightweight, and fast. Extended battery life (7 hours+). I rarely charge it, since most of the time I only use it onsite for a brief moment.

For digital signatures, you could send e-mails with electronic signatures ahead of time. Something like Docusign. Or have them sign on your phone. Don't need a huge display for a simple signature.

I carry an iPad 4 and 2 iODD's (one for Windows, one for iOS). In the vehicle, I have an HP laptop just in case. I have a Brother printer as well for AirPrint in case they want a full invoice instead of a text or emailed receipt. I have a Chevrolet Sonic LS and in the back are a series of storage containers with parts from ram, hdds, PSU's to motherboards. Fully loaded mobile business so I am always prepared. I have AMD and Intel so I am covering anything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. This saves me time from having to either order parts or travel to Dallas, TX to my distributor. 90% of service calls are solved with just my iODD however. iPAD is used for mobile POS.
Sorry for the ignorant question, I'm new to this forum. But what's an iODD?

Wow, I had no idea such a beast existed, embarrassingly enough. I was so proud of my collection of bootable SD cards along with the USB adapter and how neatly they were all organized and labeled.

So is the one you linked the favorite / best amongst the members here?

Also, the item you linked is the same price as what I think is the Zalman version
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019C23H06/ref=psdc_160354011_t2_B00TDJ4BJU?th=1

Is there an advantage to one brand over the other?

I have a Zalman ze300. My understanding that both brands are identical except for the logo on them. It is the same hardware. Why there are two brands is not something I can answer. Some weird marketing issues, I assume.

I have a Zalman ze300. My understanding that both brands are identical except for the logo on them. It is the same hardware. Why there are two brands is not something I can answer. Some weird marketing issues, I assume.
I think Zalman is their brand for outside South Korea. IODD is likely intended to be a SK branding, but people are selling it overseas anyways. My IODD device came and the language was in Korean by default on the LCD. Easy enough to switch it to English though.

A wise purchase. You'll not know how much of an asset it is until you don't have it.
Well, then maybe I'll buy two :D

Here is my current system that I was so proud of. Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't know such a better tool existed.

Monosnap_2017-03-20_23-23-41.png

Well, then maybe I'll buy two :D
Good idea. Thats what I did... and then some :rolleyes:

My Windows one I have a - now - 480GB SSD with a partition (we'll call it B) named Backup. Partition A has a folder called _ISO (this is used for of course iso files) and used when in CDROM mode. Also on A, there is FAB's and that is used for backups which puts them into B. Then there is PStart which is used for my toolkit. Lastly, there is SDI for all the drivers.

In your image, you have several SD cards. I used to have a similar setup. Except I had over 20 USB flash drives 8GB or more. Those days are long gone thank goodness. My iODDS were paid for on the very fist job using them and have been paid for many times over since then. I now have a total of 8 iODDs. 2 for me and 2 for each tech plus 2 for spares, just in case. All of them, paid for many times over.

Back