Vista SP1

JayTech

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive not been on here in a wee while cause ive been on holiday and thats me just back to work and sods law there is a problimatic laptop in. The laptop is running vista and needs to have sp1 installed however when trying to install i am getting a 800b0100 error. i have tried to install it using the stand alone installer. I have also tried registering dll files and everything else i could find on google. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, any help will be appretiated.
Thanks guys
JayTech
:confused:

Hi thanks for the reply, i tried that and it made no diff. Im going to run a repair install on the vista install, that should work. Ill post back on here afterwards to let others know if it worked or not for future reference.
Thanks again
JayTech

I have seen that error before. It was caused by a firewall. Try to disable your firewall "be it" the Vista firewall or one that comes with McAfee or Norton Internet protection package or any other firewall that you might have installed. Than do the update. Don't forget to re-enable the firewall after the update is completed.

Back