Very Interesting chart...

I recently switched from using Chrome for all my "personal" web browsing back to Firefox. I've been using Brave for anything business-related for a long time now (I prefer to keep browsing in separate spheres for setup purposes). Firefox for the last few years was often problematic (and still can be) with some websites because web designers have mostly standardized on Chromium-style browsers as the default and FireFox wasn't exactly the same enough to work with some sites. It's quite a bit better now and I've been happy with it thus far.

Ads haven't bothered me much for a long while, but then I've always used privacy tools (Disconnect, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, etc) to help stop tracking and the Disable HTML5 Auto-Play plugin for obvious reasons (I loath videos that start without me clicking play). Those two together have filtered out the worst of it. What Chrome is doing is worse because they're basically saying add whatever you want to the browser via extension, we're going to track you anyway. No thank you.

Another thing to add to your home and businesses networks if you don't already have some sort of DNS-based blocking is a pi-hole. LTT did a great video on it. Still easy to set up and run. You can't actually block everything with it (as we all know), but it still does kill a lot without doing anything in your browser at all.

I recently switched from using Chrome for all my "personal" web browsing back to Firefox. I've been using Brave for anything business-related for a long time now (I prefer to keep browsing in separate spheres for setup purposes). Firefox for the last few years was often problematic (and still can be) with some websites because web designers have mostly standardized on Chromium-style browsers as the default and FireFox wasn't exactly the same enough to work with some sites. It's quite a bit better now and I've been happy with it thus far.

Ads haven't bothered me much for a long while, but then I've always used privacy tools (Disconnect, Malwarebytes Browser Guard, etc) to help stop tracking and the Disable HTML5 Auto-Play plugin for obvious reasons (I loath videos that start without me clicking play). Those two together have filtered out the worst of it. What Chrome is doing is worse because they're basically saying add whatever you want to the browser via extension, we're going to track you anyway. No thank you.

Another thing to add to your home and businesses networks if you don't already have some sort of DNS-based blocking is a pi-hole. LTT did a great video on it. Still easy to set up and run. You can't actually block everything with it (as we all know), but it still does kill a lot without doing anything in your browser at all.
I have a PiZero that I used for something else might give this a go for fun.

Back