Start Big Or Start Small?

ipodman

Reaction score
Hi,

When starting up a business is it wise to just go big from the start? What I mean by this is if we are going to sell computer’s on the net. Just build a site and just then start spending like £200 per day from Google Adword.

Would it be rewarding? Or would we have to start big and build up our reputation and not just throw money at it?

i think it really depends how deep ur wallet is..possiblly go for the furthest that you can but i think 200 pound per day is realli a lot..good luck with your business..

Multi Billion Dollar companies start big , so if your in that category do so. If not wise people start small.

ipodman said:
Just build a site and just then start spending like £200 per day from Google Adword.

Would it be rewarding? Or would we have to start big and build up our reputation and not just throw money at it?
I dont think this would be very effective. I believe trust is a big thing with computer repair clients. Would you let someone you dont know touch your $2000 computer that has all of your personal data on it? I probably wouldnt.

Additionally, most people only call me when their computer has something REALLY wrong such as a non-booting windows, no power, no video, no internet etc and many households only have 1 computer. Seeing that one computer doesnt boot/no power/no internet they probably wont be able to get on the internet Googling for someone.

Agreed, in my experience the type of people needing our services tend to use more traditional methods of finding people - recommendations, hard copy, etc - because they are inherently not that computer literate. My site gets reasonably good google results for reasonable relevant search terms :) but tbh it's very rarely led to a lead. And not because it contains bad puns as above. ;) Unless you have recognised names in your client list, your skills, testimonials etc could be entirely fictional?

You posted in Feb – how's it going?!

Back