Sign critique

Matthew Davis

Reaction score
Our signs is being made, tell me what you think so far, not sure on the font.
5XrLL8v.jpg

Is it your only sign or do you have a bigger sign by the street or something? If the intent of the sign is to attract customers and let your presence be known to the world as they drive by then i'm not sure thats the sign you want to go with. I just feel like people won't look at the logo and think computer repair and the wording computer repair stacked like that with that font won't catch peoples attention very well either.

It's the only sign for now, we have filled paper work to be able to place one by the road but has to go through the proper channels.
I was worried about being able to read it going down the road also.

What is good: You focus on what you do rather than who you are which is important when you are not a nationally recognized brand.

If we are just talking about improving it, use a different font for "Computer Repair", choose one that is very easy to read. Get rid of the red outline. Red and Black text should never be contrasted against each other. You are OK on your logo, because it is white on red and black on white.

How does it compare against other signage near you, especially if you are in a strip. If everyone elses signs are white on black, do something different. Bright Yellow background or something else that stands out.

How does it contrast with where it is being mounted? If it is going on a white building, get rid of white backgrounds on your sign.

You have text for left brain people, for right brain people you need an image that screams computer. The mouse in your logo isn't enough. People have to think too hard. An illiterate person should be able to easily figure out what you do.

Agreed about the font. This is about people driving by in a car. You might have 2-3 seconds to make an impression and the current font is not going to allow that. The R's and A's will blur together. You logo is OK but will not make any impression with in that time frame.

I know this is an old post, I was wondering what the final sign product came to be? Did you change anything? When I put large signs out around my business I always use the words "virus removal" and have at least a computer and laptop on my sign. When end users computers are broken they tend to think it's a virus LOL usually malware but when they see virus and computers together they seem to stop in and I never use any fancy fonts.

Back