[REQUEST] Samsung Galaxy S6 - Battery Replacement

sctechsystems

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I am wondering whether I need to do a calibration on my S6?, I have fitted a new, higher capacity battery than the original one. The original battery would last half a day from fully charged. Original is 2550mAh, the one I have fitted is 4550, from ebay. If I go to Settings > About > Battery - Battery is recognised as a 2550.

Do I need to recalibrate or something? New battery already seems to be lasting longer so I may not need to do anything.

I've tried the *#0228# and quick start feature.

Thanks In Advance.

Chris

Where did you get a 4550mh battery? That's MUCH larger than the original. I know people were supposedly able to make the Galaxy S7 edge battery fit (very tightly) and some even removed the NFC stuff to make the fit better.

As far as calibration, I don't know. I know some people were suggesting better performance by calibrating... can't remember where I read it but those people were rooted and had special kernels on their phones.

I'm still running an S6 as well, and my only complaint is the battery. It tanks FAST. I'm charging twice a day usually with very very light usage. If it weren't for the battery, I'd have no reason or want or desire to upgrade. I'm seriously thinking about trying to ride it out until the used S8 prices come down a bit more. I've had this phone 2 years now.

I've had my S6 since it came out. Original battery lasts at least 2 days with normal use 3 if I don't use it much.
What are you guys doing to only get a half day?

Reactions: CLC
Where did you get a 4550mh battery? That's MUCH larger than the original. I know people were supposedly able to make the Galaxy S7 edge battery fit (very tightly) and some even removed the NFC stuff to make the fit better.

As far as calibration, I don't know. I know some people were suggesting better performance by calibrating... can't remember where I read it but those people were rooted and had special kernels on their phones.

I'm still running an S6 as well, and my only complaint is the battery. It tanks FAST. I'm charging twice a day usually with very very light usage. If it weren't for the battery, I'd have no reason or want or desire to upgrade. I'm seriously thinking about trying to ride it out until the used S8 prices come down a bit more. I've had this phone 2 years now.
I have a s6 edge, same complaint here,great phone, weak battery. I spent $50 at a mall shop for a new 2600mh installed, better, lasts a full day now was worth it.

Never seen the inside of a S6 but I doubt that the new battery really is 4550mAh. There is almost no free space in mobile phones and it's been that was for some time. Unless it's a radical change in chemistry/construction.

Never seen the inside of a S6 but I doubt that the new battery really is 4550mAh. There is almost no free space in mobile phones and it's been that was for some time. Unless it's a radical change in chemistry/construction.
The guy who put the new battery in my s6 edge cringed when he got it, he fixes phones all day, he said its one of the worst for replacing, thats why I didn't even consider doing it myself ;)

The guy who put the new battery in my s6 edge cringed when he got it, he fixes phones all day, he said its one of the worst for replacing, thats why I didn't even consider doing it myself ;)

I had thought about adding mobile device repair several years ago as an additional revenue stream. I replaced the glass a couple of times on my phones, wasn't too bad. Decided one last test was to do a battery, 3S if I remember. What a mess, never got video back so had to get a new one. Only good thing was I was eligible for an upgrade so it did not break the bank. LOL!!!

I had thought about adding mobile device repair several years ago as an additional revenue stream. I replaced the glass a couple of times on my phones, wasn't too bad. Decided one last test was to do a battery, 3S if I remember. What a mess, never got video back so had to get a new one. Only good thing was I was eligible for an upgrade so it did not break the bank. LOL!!!
LOL, that would be me, I pretty much suck at any detailed hardware, but I love to tinker with rooting,viruses, love a good software challenge.

Exactly the same scenario as mine.

Its a battery off of eBay, doubt its really 4550. It's worse now to be honest!

This is the one I bought and have fitted!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Cap...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Thinking of getting one of these to keep it topped up:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4500mAh-...var=591166429187&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

The easiest option is just to get a "battery case" which is a phone case with a built in battery. That way you don't need to disassemble the phone and can easily get a battery that actually is larger than the really small S6 battery.

My issue has to be hardware related. Recently I did a factory reset on the phone. Backed up everything. Reset. Put very little back on the phone. For a while it ran great battery wise. Then it started back to it's old ways. The facebook app seems to be offensive to battery life but I really do think it has to deal with the radios in my phone. I woke up a few days ago to a "no sim detected" message and had to remove it and re insert it. Wi-Fi also seems to be a factor. Unfortunately... that's a lot of what I use the phone for.

The S6 battery was really undersized to begin with and the phone was known for having bad battery performance. Right now, with pretty light usage... I have to almost charge twice a day. I think rather than remove the backing of the phone and try to do the S7 Edge in S6 swap.... I'm just going to get a "battery case".

I will be going to an S8... but want to wait until I can get a great condition S8+ for about $300. I'm not paying $35+ per month ($800+) for a phone.

The easiest option is just to get a "battery case" which is a phone case with a built in battery. That way you don't need to disassemble the phone and can easily get a battery that actually is larger than the really small S6 battery.

My issue has to be hardware related. Recently I did a factory reset on the phone. Backed up everything. Reset. Put very little back on the phone. For a while it ran great battery wise. Then it started back to it's old ways. The facebook app seems to be offensive to battery life but I really do think it has to deal with the radios in my phone. I woke up a few days ago to a "no sim detected" message and had to remove it and re insert it. Wi-Fi also seems to be a factor. Unfortunately... that's a lot of what I use the phone for.

The S6 battery was really undersized to begin with and the phone was known for having bad battery performance. Right now, with pretty light usage... I have to almost charge twice a day. I think rather than remove the backing of the phone and try to do the S7 Edge in S6 swap.... I'm just going to get a "battery case".

I will be going to an S8... but want to wait until I can get a great condition S8+ for about $300. I'm not paying $35+ per month ($800+) for a phone.
I leave mine on 4G, I have 100gb a month data so its no problem, but I use Facebook for business, if I post anything on wifi I get a lot of timeouts and things 4G its fine, and its defo just my phone as everthing else in the house works fine.

Back