Samsung A13 sm-a135u one ui 5.0 update

Galdorf

Reaction score
Samsung says that one ui5.0 has been pushed to my phone but it is not showing up is Canada later this year or is it still in beta stage rather not be running a non-stable release android 13.

Samsung says that one ui5.0 has been pushed to my phone but it is not showing up is Canada later this year or is it still in beta stage rather not be running a non-stable release android 13.
It also depends on when your Carrier will push it out.

Reactions: GTP
Yep. And these rollouts are no different than they are under Windows. Cohorts are formed (and how is only known to the device manufacturer and/or carrier - depending on who forms 'em), the update is pushed out then monitored by telemetry, lather, rinse, repeat, with subsequent cohorts always becoming of increasing size if no issues are detected that warrant a "halt, fix, and start again" process.

I have 3 different Xiaomi phones in my house, two of which started out on MIUI 10 and have over time been upgraded to MIUI 13, and another that started with MIUI 13 that's now MIUI 14. The two that still remain on MIUI 13 are "lower on the model totem pole" than the one already upgraded, and are slated for upgrade later in the year. Even when this has happened in the past, there have been days to weeks that have passed between when the first one (they're both the same model) gets the update pushed and when the second one does. They've never been in a cohort on the same push day.

My phone is not carrier locked in Canada we are allowed unlocked phones i got it direct from Samsung unlocked says they pushed update months ago guess i could manually upgrade the phone.

My phone is not carrier locked in Canada we are allowed unlocked phones i got it direct from Samsung unlocked says they pushed update months ago guess i could manually upgrade the phone.
Even with an unlocked phone your carrier can still block the update. Some updates don’t have proper modem updates and the carrier knows that the update might not fully function on their network so they block it. You can force the update but you might find that it won’t connect to all the towers in the area. I would check with tech support with your carrier to make sure that the phone is still considered approved and compatible.

Back