[SOLVED] S Mode Pains

ell

Reaction score
Hi, I have a elderly couple who set up a laptop in s mode using a aol email which has now locked them out, to reset the password they sent a code to the account they can't get into??! Any other ideas besides nuke/pave to get rid of S xxxx?

Hi, I have a elderly couple who set up a laptop in s mode using a aol email which has now locked them out, to reset the password they sent a code to the account they can't get into??! Any other ideas besides nuke/pave to get rid of S xxxx?
How are they locked out of their AOL account? If they sign up for the lowest priced AOL pay plan, which I think is $5.00/month, they can get AOL support to unlock the account. Then cancel the AOL subscription after they get the code to get into the computer, then turn off S-mode, etc.

S mode is on from the beginning. Sounds like they forgot both there Microsoft Account password and their AOL one. Two separate services that might use the same email.

Duh, looked up one of my own posts from many moons ago and solved it (I'm at that senile age) simply created a new MSFT email, used it to switch back to win 10 home from the MSFT store then switched their account to local, done.😏

Back