Rufus can now remove MS Account and TPM requirements for installs.

phaZed

Reaction score

USB installer tool removes Windows 11’s Microsoft account requirements (and more)​

Tool can also patch out the CPU, TPM, and Secure Boot install requirements.​

1656625183414.png
"An easy workaround for this requirement is the Rufus USB formatting tool, which can create USB install media for Windows and all kinds of other operating systems. Rufus has already offered some flags to remove Windows 11's system requirements checks from the installer, removing the need for clunky Windows Registry edits and other workarounds. But the beta of version 3.19 will also remove the Microsoft account requirement for new installs, making it easy to set up a new Windows PC with a traditional local account."

And let the game of cat and mouse commence.

I feel like it's the race between Ape and Jailbreak devs all over lol.
Except that Microsoft publishes these workarounds even while claiming they will not support them. And I have yet to see such a system fail to get updates. While Microsoft will never admit it publicly they often offer backhanded methods to bend upgrade rules. They do this so that end-users, so inclined, will not have to resort to actual jailbreak like hacks that could expose dangerous pwnd devices on the internet.

Apple(ape? lol) draws a hard line in the sand and doesn't allow older Macs to upgrade.

That was autocorrect, apparently my Chinese Android phone doesn't think highly of Apple. Especially when I tap too fast. Ape OS 15 anyone?

I'm currently running Pop OS on my main machine but I may use VM to run 11, that is if the Rufus trick works in a VM.

I could see myself skipping the first two options and maybe using the final two.

Assuming the first feature release of Windows 11, which should be out in the next couple months, doesn't fix all this. I'm going to assume that this is one of those soft support things and will stop caring.

I'm still recommending replacement in 23 and 24, but that's mostly because let's be honest... These 10-15 year old rigs really need updating.

Back