Reusing Same Material on Different Pages

Rigo

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I'm reviewing my site that was developed by someone I hired to set it up for me three-four years ago.
With a little bit more experience now I can see that some of the pages have scarcely written material. Probably because of the strategy used.
For example for Computer Repairs, they created a page for each of the 9 target suburbs I guess for localisation. Yoast reckons minimum 300 words per page (not the only red-bullet points, more to deal with after that :(), none of them has that. I could create some generic material to pad them with some slight relevant modifications to suit each one.
My question is would that be OK SEO-wise or could it create a problem as being repetitive content?
Any insight greatly appreciated!

Without seeing your site, because well, you didn't list it, repeating the same content on different pages is the wrong way of doing SEO. SEO now-a-days is pulled not my meta tags, but headers mostly (you know, H1, H2, H3, etc.) and the 1st line of the paragraph.

You don't want your pages coming up in say Google search reading 3 or 4 different pages with the same content.

I'm no SEO guru but from what I understand repeating the same thing again and again on multiple pages actually penalizes you in search results.

Back