Quickbooks Desktop widespread error with web connector integrations

HCHTech

Reaction score
Our ticketing system integration stopped working this afternoon with an error about a revoked certificate:

1692757313025.png
I like how there is no "OK" button and the "Continue" button is greyed-out. Nice touch.

Turns out this is a code-signing issue on Intuit's end affecting all (!) web-connector integrations. Discussed in a thread in their developers forum here.

Of course their status page says everything is fine.

Our ticketing system integration stopped working this afternoon with an error about a revoked certificate:

View attachment 15110
I like how there is no "OK" button and the "Continue" button is greyed-out. Nice touch.

Turns out this is a code-signing issue on Intuit's end affecting all (!) web-connector integrations. Discussed in a thread in their developers forum here.

Of course their status page says everything is fine.
Sounds like Intuit needs to update certificates on their end. I'm sure I'll be getting a call or two tomorrow. :(

The developers thread said it was more complicated than that, but thankfully a fix has been posted here.

There are links for the 3 currently-supported versions, 2021, 2022 & 2023. If you are *ahem* using maybe an older version *ahem* I can report that the 2021 link has worked (at least for the 2019 version) *cough*.

I hate that POS software. They constantly have problems, it's bloated as hell, but everyone uses it. It's a shame. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole for my own business.

I hate that POS software. They constantly have problems, it's bloated as hell, but everyone uses it. It's a shame. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole for my own business.
I've used QB for about 20 years, never a problem. I didn't care much for Peachtree or Sage. Out of curiosity, what accounting software do you use?

I don't know if this is directly related to your issue but I thought it worth mentioning.

"For three days, system administrators have been troubleshooting errors that have prevented Windows users from running applications such as QuickBooks and Avatax. We now know the cause: an unannounced move or glitch by Microsoft that removed a once-widely used digital certificate in Windows."

https://arstechnica.com/security/20...rom-windows-then-it-returns-confusion-ensues/

Microsoft's response quoted in an update to the article at the bottom has more information.

I've used QB for about 20 years, never a problem. I didn't care much for Peachtree or Sage. Out of curiosity, what accounting software do you use?
I use Freshbooks. It's not that some people can't have it worked more or less perfectly, but so many clients use it, and basically 80-90% of them have some sort of major problem with it eventually. File goes corrupt, program won't run or reinstall for no apparent reason, file sharing won't work despite having all the right settings in place, etc. Top that off with support being horrible and acting like cable internet helpdesk people with their silly script and no way to skip it, no thank you.

Back