PC Repair Tracker to RepairShopr Pains

uprighttech

Reaction score
I owned a business that has been using PC Repair Tracker for about 9 years. Part of our workflow is documenting each action, install, scan, etc in PCRT as we do it. We have a pretty extensive premade list of these items in PCRT that we can just click as we go and it adds them to the list of what has been done, or we can manually add a custom item to the list. When we are done, we print a repair report showing everything done that goes to the customer.

Last month we were acquired by another company (mainly for our MSP business), but they have a sister company that is residential break/fix and are going to keep our residential side as well. They use RepairShopr, and I am having a hard time getting my head around how to properly set it up for our flow. I feel like I am missing something. Their residential business is younger and less mature than ours with just a single guy usually working on one system at a time, and it seems like it was just a quick bolt on business that was never really set up properly for efficiency and scale. They document almost nothing in RS and don't give anything to the customer at all. I really want to improve this process but am having a hard time figuring it out in RS. We utilize the real-time documentation of PCRT constantly as we have multiple people working on many systems at the same time over multiple days (What has been done on this order so far? Who did such and such to this order? What was done to this system the last time it was here? And so on).

Is there any good way to replicate this type of detailed workflow in RepairShopr?

Can you not get them onto pcrt? Showing them the quality and ease of the program?.

It would make your life a heck of a lot easier.

Can you not get them onto pcrt? Showing them the quality and ease of the program?.

It would make your life a heck of a lot easier.
That option has been discussed. However, there are some integrations with RepairShopr that they really do not want to give up (namely Square and QuickBooks Online). The financial side with PCRT is quite a bit more manual.

Despite the fact that it isn't as pretty and shiny as RepairShopr and doesn't have some of the nice integrations, I feel that PCRT is much better designed for the flow of a straight PC repair shop. RepairShopr tries to be too broad and general. It tries to appeal to any sort of repair shop (PC, auto, jewelry, whatever) as well as MSPs. And when you try to be the solution for everyone, you often aren't the best solution for anyone.

I'd say switch over to www.busybench.com. It's what I did when we got a second break fix location. $59 per month and you can have 5 Techs logged in at the same time. I set it up to where I could know exactly where a computer was located in our shop at any given time. I labeled every station from

Checked in
Diagnosing Station
DIagnosed/Waiting on approval
Approved Repairing
Repaired and customer called
Waiting on customer pickup.
Picked up & Paid

I created all these sections using shelves and benches at our store. It sounds silly, but was amazing at keeping everyone on track and if a customer called in, no matter who answered the phone, they could give a status update without having them hold while we talk to the tech to see where they were in the process. It made us look and feel organized. Just a thought. Let me know if you need help, I'd be glad to help you setup your workflow.

Attachments

• Screenshot 01-21-2022 17.38.13.jpg
    Screenshot 01-21-2022 17.38.13.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 15
I'd say switch over to www.busybench.com. It's what I did when we got a second break fix location. $59 per month and you can have 5 Techs logged in at the same time. I set it up to where I could know exactly where a computer was located in our shop at any given time. I labeled every station from

Checked in
Diagnosing Station
DIagnosed/Waiting on approval
Approved Repairing
Repaired and customer called
Waiting on customer pickup.
Picked up & Paid

I created all these sections using shelves and benches at our store. It sounds silly, but was amazing at keeping everyone on track and if a customer called in, no matter who answered the phone, they could give a status update without having them hold while we talk to the tech to see where they were in the process. It made us look and feel organized. Just a thought. Let me know if you need help, I'd be glad to help you setup your workflow.
Does it have integrated SMS?

Back