overclock corsair ram - MSI 970 gaming MB

Gridmstr75

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to see if i can get some more out of my Corsair RAM. Currently running a MSI 970 gaming MB with the following specs- Windows 10 pro on ssd drive.
4b431a88-95ca-482d-b500-2f69d0c2bf79-SPD_cpu_z_ram_-_corsair.jpg
f0c3c52b-fa8c-4a4a-8e05-ec605d77c156-CPU_z_CPU_brand.jpg
c50e3b9c-aeb8-4e9d-bbb0-28e90cd59f6d-CPU_z_MB_model.jpg

How do i change it in the Bios do i use the OC genie button ? or XMP profile .what do i change ?

I also just updated it with a thermaltake liquidCPU cooler - water 3.0 - 1 fan with radiator.

how do i check this to see if it is working correctly? .

Thank you for any advice.

Sorry but these forums are only for IT professionals only and we do not provide technical support here. You are advised to contact your local provider.
@Kitten Kong
what kind of a response is this? IT pro seriously guy! - Been in IT for over 20 years and just looking for other opionis like a REAL tek should be doing regardless of their EGO.

take a seat bloke..

Attachments

• technical support .jpg
    technical support .jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
Hello, I wanted to see if i can get some more out of my Corsair RAM. Currently running a MSI 970 gaming MB with the following specs- Windows 10 pro on ssd drive.
How do i change it in the Bios do i use the OC genie button ? or XMP profile .what do i change ?

I also just updated it with a thermaltake liquidCPU cooler - water 3.0 - 1 fan with radiator.

how do i check this to see if it is working correctly? .

Thank you for any advice.

Your question is more a Tom's Hardware site kind of question. I personally like to tweak on old hardware for the fun of it, but that FX-8350 is 10 years old. If it runs and it's stable I'd be inclined to just leave it be. My own experience is that the DDR3 RAM is not very suited to OC. What you should be playing with is the multi-core Turbo multipliers. The 8350 has a LOT of headroom to overclock if you've got good power.

I just hope you have cheap power because that CPU can suck it.

I had a 6350 I could never get the XMP to apply w/o crashes nor could I manually set it and both the CPU and the Memory were supposed to support the speeds I was trying to apply.

On @seashore message I can't blame him we do have no techs dropping in regularly asking for personal rig help like this sometimes we jump to conclusions. We like to get paid for our work and handing out free advise on the internet doesn't help and many here link themselves to their business so if advise doesn't work out or is too difficult and results in issues the business might suffer for that.

Your question is more a Tom's Hardware site kind of question. I personally like to tweak on old hardware for the fun of it, but that FX-8350 is 10 years old. If it runs and it's stable I'd be inclined to just leave it be. My own experience is that the DDR3 RAM is not very suited to OC. What you should be playing with is the multi-core Turbo multipliers. The 8350 has a LOT of headroom to overclock if you've got good power.

I just hope you have cheap power because that CPU can suck it.
you are least cool about it..

Back