Other AntiVirus AntiTrojan AntiRootkit You could try...

So, just run all of those on the list and my puter will be clean, right? :D

That is one h#ll of a list you got there!

Something you may want to include for small files is anubis icelabs. Its great if your running dodgy files as it runs it in a virtual environment over the internet and tells you what files it changes what registry changes it makes and shows you a screenshot etc its great.

Added Xuetr <- (said to be able to truly remove a kernel mode hook without bsod) It's a tool like Gmer. Xuertr showed me some things. It's interesting people.
I think all of us should have a look at the white paper on the Hypersight product also in the list. Hypsersight is the only rootkit scanner that loads before the operating system does and then runs the entire operating system in a mini virtual machine. You might say it's the only RING -1 product. LOL. Very interesting. Scroll down this page about it...
** Pay attention to diagram 4 the most! http://northsecuritylabs.com/downloads/whitepaper-html/

Added baidu (pronounced By - doo). It's a FREEWARE cloud antivirus getting some interesting feedback in the computer/technical community.

This is a great sticky thread, that is updated so that us techs can use it for reference!

If you want a list of free anti virus solution, use the one that is entitled "The Free Antivirus Thread" here.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Just added clam sentinel. It's a windows program that works on windows 8, 7, vista, and xp. It's great from what i've seen. It uses a bit of resources, but provides active scanning using the clamwin av database. I must say something about clamav. I have been testing this for a while now, and it does a fantastic job. They are really working hard to increase detection rates. The guys behind this project deserve some serious recognition. ClamAV, ClamWin, and Clam Sentinel are all fantastic free products. ClamWin currently detects over 3.5 million viruses in windows.

Why isn't roguekiller on this list?

Merely listing and/or terminating the miscreant processes is sometimes a vital step, but actually removing them requires other tools; tools such as Roguekiller, Rkill, Process Explorer, Killswitch, Autoruns, FreeFixer are all useful, in my opinion, even if the tools themselves don't eradicate the actual malicious programs/files. (The other 'heavy hitters', MBAM, HitMan Pro, EMSISoft, ESET, Sophos are always available for disinfection attempts)

Back