Odd Wordpad behavior, opens in small/narrow format

katz

Reaction score
A customer has a Win 10 and Win 11 pc, both exhibiting the same behavior. Wordpad opens in small/narrow format, see attached picture. I'm sure I'm overlooking a setting...but I've been through all the margins, etc., cannot seem to find the issue.

Attachments

• wordpad.jpg
    wordpad.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 5
Oh, I misunderstood.
Sounds like the "FrameRect" entry in the registry has been corrupted.

Save this as a .reg and run it

Attachments

• Reset Wordpad To Default Size And Position.txt
    138 bytes · Views: 3
All that looks like to me is that somehow the page setup has been switched to Envelope DL (or similar) as opposed to letter:

1698358160899.png

1698358232150.png

If you open the Page Setup dialog from the File Menu, you can see what the last used page format was, which will be retained until it's changed. After opening that dialog and choosing "Letter" as the Paper Size, see what happens. It should go back to looking like this:

1698358353652.png

Guys, I actually figured this one out in the meantime, lol. Turns out, their default printer was set to a thermal label printer that they sometimes use. I changed the default printer on both systems to their office laser printer and everything is back to normal. I've never come across this issue before, learn something new all the time. Thanks so much for your input, I appreciate it.

Reactions: GTP
Back