[REQUEST] Need a template for a quotation

Blue House Computer Help

Reaction score
I do the occasional small business job and I need to provide a quotation for an upcoming one.

Does anyone have a template/example quotation they would be willing to share? Maybe something that includes the necessary caveats and fine print?

I stopped doing proposals last year. Not sure what you're proposing but I tell clients that they need to book an hour on my calendar and during that hour, we'll cover everything they want, pricing and how much time it will take, soft quote. This way, they have all the information they paid for and if they move on, they move on. I don't do free anything at this point.

I stopped doing proposals last year. Not sure what you're proposing but I tell clients that they need to book an hour on my calendar and during that hour, we'll cover everything they want, pricing and how much time it will take, soft quote. This way, they have all the information they paid for and if they move on, they move on. I don't do free anything at this point.
Same here.

Just to elaborate a little further, we use to charge for quotes on products/custom systems, and customers would say, "What stops us from simply going to XYZ store and buying what you list." and it would break down to, "absolutely you can, however it take our expertise and time in finding the right and available product for you."

Now we do the same as @callthatgirl and charge for the time to get it all sorted out.

Back