Name/logo critique

What do you mean "its already registered"? If your wanting a dotcom, then yeah, but any other, there are plenty open.

As far as LLC goes, here in Texas, we don't "really" have to include the LLC, even though I am - there is a way around that. As with what @Mr. Ingram's Computer Repair & Shoppe did, I too have a DBA which does not include the LLC at the end, so I don't have to include the LLC anywhere on my sight, flyers, business cards, etc. This should also apply to you, especially since your a home based business.

On another note, you can use your DBA only with the LLC as a backup for legal issues if they arise. And get business insurance. I use Hiscox, great insurance and covered up to $1,000,000 and is really affordable. I pay just $150/yr.

I understand its NJ, but you should be able to put a logo on your website without the LLC and just put the LLC in the footer. This will satisfy their stipulation because technically, they don't say where it has to be or how many times it has to be, just that it has be listed "somewhere".

As far as the logo is concerned, its loud. Choose neutral colors and that font reminds me of techno. I went through 4 different logos before the one I have now. And the one now started out as a power button circle with a Y in it, then just a circle with a Y in it and then decided to warp it in photoshop and sectioning it off with colors. Or you can use Fivver or any other logo design company. Or hell, better yet, buy a logo design program. Dirt cheap and you own it and any design you make. I have the exact program and use it for for my clients when I design their websites.

Whether or not to display the LLC isn't an issue to me. It can be placed more discreetly and really is the least of my worries. What I originally meant by "it's already registered" is that I formed the LLC and registered the name with NJ, received a Federal EIN, etc. But...it's a non-issue as I've decided on a new company name and am registering it as a DBA.

Thanks again for all the help!

its your lawyer and your accountant.

I disagree...at least about the accountant part. Two years ago, I caught a $15,000 mistake my accountant made when he miscategorized a loan as income (fired him). This year, I caught my new accountant trying to pull one over on the IRS that would have saved me lots of money in taxes but probably landed me in jail if I was ever audited.

While these guys can provide good advice, as a business owner it's ultimately you who's responsible to know the laws and follow them. Trust me, I've had lawyers give bad advice too and ended up faring better by reading the relevant state laws myself and self-representing in court.

Sadly they weren't all A students. You can just as easily get a C- GPA lawyer or accountant.

I disagree...at least about the accountant part. Two years ago, I caught a $15,000 mistake my accountant made when he miscategorized a loan as income (fired him). This year, I caught my new accountant trying to pull one over on the IRS that would have saved me lots of money in taxes but probably landed me in jail if I was ever audited.

While these guys can provide good advice, as a business owner it's ultimately you who's responsible to know the laws and follow them. Trust me, I've had lawyers give bad advice too and ended up faring better by reading the relevant state laws myself and self-representing in court.

Sadly they weren't all A students. You can just as easily get a C- GPA lawyer or accountant.
Well I guess if you hire people who are bad at their job... XD

Well I guess if you hire people who are bad at their job... XD

I actually had a great accountant for many years. The problem happened when he hired other accountants and passed my business's finance over to one of them. My new guy is actually quite good and has shown me a lot of ways to save on taxes. I'm just not sure he and I draw the line in the same place ethically. He seems to like to stretch the law more than I'm comfortable with.

Back