Music Burning Quickie

JapanimemanDO

Reaction score
I want to burn some music onto a CD (yes I know...a CD?) but I'm not sure if I can put mp3 and midi files on the same cd, and listen to them on my mp3-enabled CD player.

Please help!:(

It should be fine as long as ur mp3 cd player supports both formats. I know for a fact that my old mp3/cd player did not supoprt midi files so it played mp3s and normal audio cds only. If you are not sure, just go ahead and burn what you want and see if it works. CDs these days arn't that expensive.

JapanimemanDO said:
I want to burn some music onto a CD (yes I know...a CD?) but I'm not sure if I can put mp3 and midi files on the same cd, and listen to them on my mp3-enabled CD player.
Please help!:(

Nothing wrong with using audio/MP3 CDs, I still own a working discman and prefer it to memory players. ;)

Now, to answer your question - no, MIDI files can't be listened to on an MP3-able discman. MIDI files are played back using an entirely different method than MP3s are. If you really want to listen to them, find a "MIDI to MP3" converter and use it, or a "MIDI to WAV" converter and manually compress to MP3.

Back