more windows 7 update crap

lan101

Reaction score
Fresh refurb dell computer no updates since march 16, 2016 this year.

I've tried AIO windows repair tool, and the MS fixit various things for the update fix.

I've read about the June and July rollup updates ruining it but those aren't there since it's before those updates.

Any suggestions? I'm continuing to go through google searches/technibble threads here but no avail of anything.

I've not done the WSUS offline thing, as I've never attempted that (as of yet) but been reading that's missing a lot of updates etc. too...so not sure that's a viable solution either.

Thank you.

What do all these endless updates actually do I would like to know other than screw up your computer
if there was an update to help prevent crypto lock then it would make sense but none of them do that

Last edited:
What do all these updates actually do I would like to know other than screw up your computer
if there was an update to help prevent crypto lock then it would make sense but none of them do that

Really makes ya wonder sometimes. From the end user view...I can't really blame them from not wanting to do updates. In their mind all it does is potentially mess things up and cost them more money to fix. It makes sense why people are afraid of doing any update related things whether it be computer, phone, tablet etc.

Really makes ya wonder sometimes. From the end user view...I can't really blame them from not wanting to do updates. In their mind all it does is potentially mess things up and cost them more money to fix.
Very true.
But of course not updating can be worse, potentially exposing the devices and their data to viruses and hacks.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Can't complain though; a lot of my work is installing updates for customers who are afraid to install the updates themselves. Thank you Microsoft!

Back