Microsoft Support - Account has been locked

britechguy

Reaction score
A member of one of the blind tech groups in which I participate recently had one of the mysterious locks on his Microsoft Account. As he put it, "Somehow, I got crosswise with Microsoft with my account due to what they thought was suspicious activity…"

One of the nice things is that if you are a user of accessibility software, you can get tech support direct from Microsoft at no cost via Microsoft Windows & Office Accessibility Support if you live in the USA or, if you're a resident of the UK, UK Microsoft & Windows Accessibility Support Webpage.

The quality of support can vary from incompetent to stellar, so I always advise those who are using that service to call back again after a short wait if the technician they got seems to be clueless. I don't know how they pick who works those phones and other contact methods, but better screening wouldn't hurt.

Anyway, after several go-rounds and dead ends, someone at Microsoft pointed him to this page: Microsoft Support - Account has been locked
I've never seen it before, and the process started there apparently worked, so I thought it was a resource worth sharing here.

This should, in theory, apply to all Windows versions where a Microsoft-Account-linked Windows user account is involved, too, since the Microsoft Account is the holder of the keys to all of the kingdoms, metaphorically speaking.

Back