Looks like Win11 23H2 hits the streets starting next week.

Yep, tis the season!

We've also got Server 2025 releasing in April from the looks of it... which is a bit weird.

We've also got Server 2025 releasing in April from the looks of it... which is a bit weird.

This is the real news to me. Everything I've read until now suggests Q3 2024. Do you have any source? I'm not seeing anything from a quick Google search.

Got a few large server replacements coming up next year this could affect. But I'm not jumping in to change plans based on a rumour.

This is the real news to me. Everything I've read until now suggests Q3 2024. Do you have any source? I'm not seeing anything from a quick Google search.

Got a few large server replacements coming up next year this could affect. But I'm not jumping in to change plans based on a rumour.

Q3 2024 would make more sense, but the communication we're getting from Microsoft is starting the hype train in a way that makes me think they're aiming for a Spring release.

A Spring release would also mean they've got the server OS update cycle offset six months from the desktop OS release cycle. Which I know is a goal, but I just don't know how they're going to hit it. And if they do... why is it called Server 2025? Shouldn't it be Server 2024?!?

But I'm sorry I have nothing I an share, the stuff I'm referencing is all NDA protected. I cannot prove Server 2025 is coming in the Spring.

As for your servers, use licensing that has upgrade assurance, and be ready to do in place upgrades. Upgrades from Windows 11 Server to Windows 11 Server will be a push button watch it work exercise. The only curveball here is we're getting a NEW ACTIVE DIRECTORY!! New functionality level for the first time since 2016. I'm not sure what that entails just yet. But Server 2025 still has plenty of life left in it too.

Back