Learning Resources

Mike McCall

Reaction score
Among the things I've come to understand is that I'll never stop learning. I like my crow served cooked, not raw. Sometimes the right thing to do is ask for help, and accept it when it's offered, and to give back whenever I can.

There are lots of reasons for techs to continue learning, and there are lots of resources available. Microsoft has their Virtual Academy. There's Cisco, Citrix, Juniper, etc., all have their version of training resources. I'd like to suggest one that you may not be familiar with that I've found to be very helpful - ITProTV. While ITProTV does have a free streaming service it's intended to show the content they have to offer. Subscribers have full access to their consistently expanding Course Library. Coupons are available, and the coupon price remains in effect as long as your account is active. There's a Roku channel which I prefer so I can relax while watching. ITProTV offers Virtual Labs you can use, and even offers practice tests at no extra charge at MeasureUp. I like what they have to offer, whether I take the actual exams or not. I have absolutely no connection with the company other than being a subscriber. I'm just offering them up as a resource you might be interested in. Perhaps you have other favorites as well?

I subscribe to HowtoGeek.com and I always picking up new tricks or being reminded of things that I just don't do enough. I also read some books. Once in awhile I'll stop by the library and pick up. Tips and Tricks books.

Back