Is this a good domain name?

maclaptech

Reaction score
So I am about to start selling MacBook replacement parts online and I have been thinking for a domain name. I have chosen this name but I can't decide if I should go with it. It is easy to remember and short.

Niokio.com

I know it isn't really related to the type of business I want to run. What do you all think?

Thanks, for your inputs.

RN

Obscure/catchy names are good if you have a multi-million dollar advertising budget.

If your advertising budget is more modest, and you want to give your website the best chance of appearing at the top of organic search results, pick a domain that contains relevant key words or phrases (eg: macbook-parts-online.com).

Too close to nokia and guaranteed to confuse the hell out of people.
It took me three tries to get it entered.

There is already a niokio.com is it yours?

Someone got it recently, from whois

Domain Name: NIOKIO.COM

Registry Domain ID: 2263592107_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com

Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com

Updated Date: 2018-05-15T15:52:39Z

Creation Date: 2018-05-15T15:52:38Z

Registry Expiry Date: 2019-05-15T15:52:38Z

Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.

Registrar IANA ID: 69

Registrar Abuse Contact Email:

Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:

Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited

Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

Name Server: NS1.M42.SITEGROUND.BIZ

Name Server: NS2.M42.SITEGROUND.BIZ

DNSSEC: unsigned

URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/

I think a lot of people would get confused on the spelling.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Heres a clue for anyone looking to buy a domain name. Take it from me as I have purchased upwards of 100, some for myself, most for clients.

NEVER EVER EVER go to ANY domain registry and put a name you want it the search to see if its available. Why? Because on some sites, once you search it and dont purchase it within a couple hours, it could be gone. They are web crawlers that look for domain names "especially in the .com and .net" that have recently been searched and they will auto buy them in order to sell at a higher cost.

I have had this happen twice in the past 2 months. I had them in my cart and came back a mere 3 hours later because of clients and they were bought by nameboy.com. I put in a petition with GoDaddy and even called them and sent the guy a screenshot of them being in the cart, something you cannot do if its not available. They investigated it and took them back and sold them to me.

If you really want a domain name, then just go to www.whois.net do a whois on the name you want. If its available, it'll tell you it is. Then go and buy it.

Thanks for the advice @Your PCMD. I didnt know these crawlers could do that.

My advice on whether it is a good domain would be, if you say it out loud, would it be obvious to spell? Having odd spellings, difficult to say/spell words can confuse visitors

Everyone that is telling you its hard to remember and spell are correct. The general consumer is a bit of a goof, I have two online businesses that are easy to remember. Most people can't even manage to do that. The simpler, the better. I don't know how many times I have to tell the customer on the phone the website is the same as the business name with a .com at the end.

Everyone that is telling you its hard to remember and spell are correct. The general consumer is a bit of a goof, I have two online businesses that are easy to remember. Most people can't even manage to do that. The simpler, the better. I don't know how many times I have to tell the customer on the phone the website is the same as the business name with a .com at the end.
I have people that can't copy an email address from a business card that they have in front of them...That's one problem i don't know how to solve!

This is really wandering off-topic a bit, but do you really think there's a living to be made selling these parts, given the number of well-known, established businesses already in this field. What will you beat them on - price? speed of delivery? Quality? Warranty? Tough sell, I reckon.

I'm continually amazed by how many people don't know how to type an effing domainname.com into the address line of their browser. If it's not an icon on their desktop they're totally lost.

you could check website domain name availability from whois, this website tells all the details of the registered domains.

As for me, the domain name is a bit complicated. And also the name is too far from the Macbook services. Unfortunately, this name will not be associated with your services in the customers' minds.

After searching for NioKio looks more like a rap group autocorrects to NoKio as for NioKio I have no idea what I'm looking at in google search.

Edit : Let me rephrase that when searching for "meaning of NioKio" gives un-expected results.

Heres a clue for anyone looking to buy a domain name. Take it from me as I have purchased upwards of 100, some for myself, most for clients.

NEVER EVER EVER go to ANY domain registry and put a name you want it the search to see if its available. Why? Because on some sites, once you search it and dont purchase it within a couple hours, it could be gone. They are web crawlers that look for domain names "especially in the .com and .net" that have recently been searched and they will auto buy them in order to sell at a higher cost.

I have had this happen twice in the past 2 months. I had them in my cart and came back a mere 3 hours later because of clients and they were bought by nameboy.com. I put in a petition with GoDaddy and even called them and sent the guy a screenshot of them being in the cart, something you cannot do if its not available. They investigated it and took them back and sold them to me.

If you really want a domain name, then just go to www.whois.net do a whois on the name you want. If its available, it'll tell you it is. Then go and buy it.

Kind of a fun idea to do all sorts of ridiculous queries and have them register that.

Back